Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heii guys need some help. My rsx has alot of pressure on coolant that make my upper rad hose pop off. I replaced rediator, thermostat, water pump, colant reservoir, rad cap,upper hose and clamps. I also bypassed the heater core by looping the together. I bleed the syatem too. When i remove the cap i dont ses the coolant move at all. Tommorow im do a head gasket test to see if that's the problem. Also my fans wont turn, only when connected to the battery directly. I checked fuses and relays and the are good. I used the paper clip to jump the fans and they turn on. Im thinking of replacing the fan switch sensor since i dont know how to test it.

Now for the ac compressor. I connect directly to battery and nothing. Relay and fuse good and couldn't jump start it from fuse box. Ac fan wont turn on when i turn it on from the climate control. My dome lights, power locks work somtimes, emergency lights only front blink not the back. I have done tons of research this couple os days and im thinking on replacing the under dash fuse box to fix this problems. Does anyone have had any of this issues before? And are the under dash fuse box all the same for 02 to 04 rsx auto and manual?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you modified anything on the cooling system at all? Is the head- thermostat housing pipe getting hot? This pipe had to flow hot coolant to the thermostat before the thermostat will open to allow the radiator circuit to flow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a great picture but there you go. I umpluged the redaitor poured coolent on the top hose to see if the ts opens. Motor temp guage was at halve way and had it running for a couple minutes. Very minimum coolent was poring out

·
Registered
21 Posts
How hot? Remember your thermostat won't start to open till nearly 90 degrees c. The fans won't operate until the bottom radiator hose is about 95 degrees. That's not far from boiling so it's very hot to the touch.

Everything might be normal in your cooling system by the sound of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A bad clamp?

If your radiator cap is working then the hose won't pop off from too much pressure, the cap would just dump the excess pressure into the expansion bottle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A bad clamp?

If your radiator cap is working then the hose won't pop off from too much pressure, the cap would just dump the excess pressure into the expansion bottle.
That is what i been thinking. I replaced the cap when i replaced the other coolant components but bought from autozone. Im get one from the dealership tomorrow see if anything changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replaced cap again and removed my thermostat and pour a bottle of blue devil head gasket sealant. No my missfire codes are gone and ect code gone too. Fans turn on for a couple sec and then turns off. Fans tun on and off idk if thats nomal. Radiator hose doesn't pop off anymore but coolant resivoir hose dose. Thinking of just puting a clamp on that hose to see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts