Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 02 rsx type s and for some reason i lost spark i couldent figure it out so i took it to the local honda dealer because we dont have an acura dealer around here and they said that the coil packs wernt getting a signal from the ECU so i had them order in a new ECU well that didnt work so they cant figure it out and it doesnt help that its not giving a code if anyone has any clue what could be wrong with my car please let me know

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
if you tell me what year car you have, which i think you have an EK, i know exactly what the problem is...

i fyou are using a subharness from hasport or hybrid, you have to make sure that you got the right wideband 02 sensor. Check on one of the relays, and make sure the right contacts are getting 12 volts....it should be the signal wire and the acc... wire that gets the 12 volts....they are usually on the opposite side of each other.... i have seen this problem on 4 different swaps all ready and i know how to remedy this... also let me know what ecu you are using too..... k-pro? let me know, i will come back and look for this post and get you running again...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the insight but the car is 100% stock even the ecu and its not swaped honda said that they checked a relay but they checked on the coil packs all they did was check for power ground and a signal. they said that that they got good power and ground just no signal if you can keep helping please do
acura Rsx type s
2002 with 24,000 miles on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.