Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well what I have going on is that I am not getting enough oil to the head and that is causing a tapping noise. I am 90% sure that not enough oil is the issue I have look through my oil cap and my friends oil cap and mine looks bone dry compared to his. I know that the oil pump and oil pan clearance is not an issue, thanks to Froth and his thread. What can you guys suggest for me do. I have tried to clean the VTC Oil Control to see if it might be dirty or messed up and it doesnt seem to be the issue. I dont know if maybe a oil galley might be blocked but I wouldnt know how to check that besides removing the head and honestly I would like to save that to the end if need be. :up: Any advice would be helpful. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What block are you running, what head, what oil pump? Do you have an oil pressure gauge etc...

Yeah sorry forgot to add all that: K24A4 bottum, K20Z3 head, and RSX-S oil pump and no i dont have a oil pressure gauge. i was gonna ask too can you se oil pressure though Flashpro?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Hmmm. Are you sure you're not getting oil to the head because there is a baffle in the valve cover that is hard to see around with the cap off. Maybe the tapping noise you are hearing is something else, like improper valve adjustment, chain slap or rocker arm noise.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Remove your valve cover and see if there is oil in the head, there is a baffle just under the fill cap, so that is not a real good indicator.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm. Are you sure you're not getting oil to the head because there is a baffle in the valve cover that is hard to see around with the cap off. Maybe the tapping noise you are hearing is something else, like improper valve adjustment, chain slap or rocker arm noise.
Yeah at first I thought it was my valve lash so I did it... twice... and I am getting some oil and when i say some i mean very little. and i can actually see the intake cam spinning through the oil cap cuz i looked at my friends and you can see oil just sloshing everywhere. and chain slap its not the case, ive checked the tensioner already and rocker arm idk maybe but i feel that oil is the #1 issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remove your valve cover and see if there is oil in the head, there is a baffle just under the fill cap, so that is not a real good indicator.
Yeah you can see that oil is in there and there is oil on top of the cam caps but not much, ill have to take pics and post it on here so you guys can see for yourselfs ill post some pics tomorrow when I get off of work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts