Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Not enough oil to the Cylinder Head?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Them Witches 
#1 ·
Hey guys well what I have going on is that I am not getting enough oil to the head and that is causing a tapping noise. I am 90% sure that not enough oil is the issue I have look through my oil cap and my friends oil cap and mine looks bone dry compared to his. I know that the oil pump and oil pan clearance is not an issue, thanks to Froth and his thread. What can you guys suggest for me do. I have tried to clean the VTC Oil Control to see if it might be dirty or messed up and it doesnt seem to be the issue. I dont know if maybe a oil galley might be blocked but I wouldnt know how to check that besides removing the head and honestly I would like to save that to the end if need be. 🆙 Any advice would be helpful. thank you in advance.

#2 ·
Greeting JackLeach and welcome to K20a.org.

By no means am I making an attempt to insult or discredit your diagnoses, I would not assume there is oil loss to the cylinder head because of a noise. When you removed the oil cap was the engine cold or hot?

So you are saying you removed the VTC cover plate and cleaned the screen or the screen is clean?

What engine do you have?

Do you have a way of noting the oil pressure of the engine while it is running?

#6 ·
A question for you..? was this a swap build or was the engine already in the car and running? Have you checked into the overhaul engine oil levels needed -- on overhaul to fill all lines, galleyways, etc. it takes 6.1 QT. - 6.5QT. to have the correct amount of oil throughout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.