Not open for further replies.
2061 - 2064 of 2064 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Nooob Chat 1101...Got questions, get in here

No prob...
HERES MY BRAIN ON VTC.
The heads on K24'S(WITH THE EXCEPTION OF K24A2) are not as thermally efficient as the K20a2 or K24a2 which are basically the same head. Which is why we proceed with the Frank K24block/k20a2 head swap. FOR 3LOBE CAM/and 50deg VTC.The difference between the K20a2 is the 50deg VTC and the K24a2 25deg VTC...

also note-I assume that if the K24a2 has 25 VTC then the other K24's def have 25 deg VTC...There would have to be fundamental differences for the other K24's to utilize 50deg VTC...

HOW 50 DEG VTC helps!-The Addition of 50 deg of cam timing tunability will allow tuners more flexibility and the ability to fine tune cam angles convieniently through KPRO. This helps achieve broader powerbands through better cam angles and calibrations.

In the same breath VTC can also be a tool for disaster. For K24's 50 deg VTC and you risk V2P contact. As the the 50 degrees during certain engine speeds, and parameters can cause catastrophic valve piston party...Even if you electronically limit it in KPRO. Mechanically it can still breach the given parameters. Machining the K24a2 VTC to 45deg is the answer though...About the other K24 vtc's I don't know for sure

Here's a reference to V2P- http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7661
:up:

any chance anyone has the pinouts for the engine harness's?? lol and obd1 integra harness plugs haha

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts

back again for noobert question #2 a buddy of mine (who had an ep3 with a a2 tranny) said that the type s clutch vs a non s clutch are differant just looking to varify plan on ordering a clutch soon and dont wanna get the wrong one can i use any k flywheel/clutch or does it have to be specific??

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts

No prob...
HERES MY BRAIN ON VTC.
The heads on K24'S(WITH THE EXCEPTION OF K24A2) are not as thermally efficient as the K20a2 or K24a2 which are basically the same head. Which is why we proceed with the Frank K24block/k20a2 head swap. FOR 3LOBE CAM/and 50deg VTC.The difference between the K20a2 is the 50deg VTC and the K24a2 25deg VTC...

also note-I assume that if the K24a2 has 25 VTC then the other K24's def have 25 deg VTC...There would have to be fundamental differences for the other K24's to utilize 50deg VTC...
vtc has nothing to do with thermal efficiency it has to be limited based on piston design and cam profile, there are major differences between the k24a2 the other k24, namely the head and pistons, hell the k24a2 uses a different crank then the other K24's...realistically the only major factors which are consistent is rod length, bore/stroke and deck height.

please stop spreading misinformation, this forum is not to discuss your hypothical bull shit...K24a1's and a4's have a 50 degree vtc, and this is a fact.

2061 - 2064 of 2064 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.