Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 - 2040 of 2064 Posts

·
duct tape and zip ties
9,189 Posts
Re: Nooob Chat 1101...Got questions, get in here

Is there a difference between a k24a8 a k20a3 wiring harness?

·
Registered
411 Posts

hey doc...do you happen to know whats the part numbers for the halfshaft bolts and flywheel bolts...i heard its not a good idea to use used bolts specially the flywheel bolts.thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts

is the head of the k20z3 (rbc2) identical to the head of the csx k20z2 (rbc1)???i know the k20z2 is nonvtec like the k20a3....but can you use the bare head of an k20a3 to put k20z3 internals?thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts

No you cant put the internals of any true vtec head into a k20a3 cause you cant put the lma's in that head cause it never had lma's.

·
Registered
4 Posts

thanks for the info, i had a reply that said the head was different and i might have to change a coolant hose, but all the lines look identical. do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
699 Posts

Can a Super Charger be fitted on a 09 k24z3? I know the heads are not the same as the old k24's and the older trannys dont work but I havent seen any info on the intake side.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts

I there a sort of "map" or graph that shows the correlation between static compression and the compression psi you get from doing a compression test?

More specifically I'd like to know what would be good,healthy numbers for 11:1 compression but if there's a way to figure it out for different compressions without just knowing off the bat then that'd be best.

·
Registered
274 Posts

i did sum reading on the k20 cam gear and its a 50 degree cam gear just curious if it would provide any benifits on a k24a4 no k20 head or even work without breaking anything

please and thank you before hand new to k series

·
Registered
13 Posts

Noob question.

K20a2
or
K20a

Which one would be better?
What are the diferences.
I know the type r has 220 hp and different compression.

Im talking about which one would be easier to swap
and buy oem parts for and be easier to fix/service if anything goes wrong with it?

·
Registered
116 Posts

hey doc
which base map should I start with on KPRO
I have k20a Type R engine 2003 I live in california
so I have 91 Gas

should I start with K20a2 type S with ITR cam map or ITR map with headers and exhaust and intake

·
Registered
236 Posts

k20 type r pistons are RBC right and the connecting rod is PRB? thanks!someone is selling me the pistons and rods, just wanted to check if the pistons and rods are right. thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts

dumb question cant seem to find an answer, im gonna be running nitrous and the closest shop to fill the bottle is 45 min away from me....can a paintball store fill the tank with their nitro tank? i have a paintball store 2 min from my house

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts

dumb question cant seem to find an answer, im gonna be running nitrous and the closest shop to fill the bottle is 45 min away from me....can a paintball store fill the tank with their nitro tank? i have a paintball store 2 min from my house
:confused:hmmm,most of the PB places I go to fill with CO2..which would choke your car.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

Noob question.

K20a2
or
K20a

Which one would be better?
What are the diferences.
I know the type r has 220 hp and different compression.

Im talking about which one would be easier to swap
and buy oem parts for and be easier to fix/service if anything goes wrong with it?
k20a. depends on how much $ you have. but just get a k24a2 :up:

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts

i have a nitro tank on my paintball gun..
hmm,ok...I'm wondering is it nitrogen they sell or nitrous oxide?nitrous oxide would be a bit expensive to use for PB.....

2021 - 2040 of 2064 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.