Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
already search and get confused quickly. i have a k24 block with out a crank, so i bought a crank. now to put it back to gether do i just order a set of ACL race bearings(rods main thrust) or do i use all honda bearings? i am using pauter rods, or do i get stock mains with stock thrust and aftermarket rod bearings? after i get this sorted out i will plastic gauge it to make sure everything is inspect. and this is my first time doing this, any comment or in put is always welcome,

·
one
1,489 Posts
You need to measure and find out.

Most of the time, It is a matter of prefrence whether to use OEM or ACL bearings.

The good thing about OEM Honda bearings is that they come in many different colors. Each color represents a different size. You can mix and match them to get perfect bearing clearences.

On the other hand you can just measure the journals, and see whether or not the STD or .25 ACL bearings will in spec. If yes, then you can obviously run them. Or if you are a clearnence perfectionist, then once again you will most likely be using OEM bearings.

Another factor to consider, is that ACL has a "Race" series bearing. Some people preffer the material and coating over OEM, some people don't.

Consider all these factors, and make a decision.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
neo i need help measuring stuff

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but tmost likely going to go with the acl race

·
Registered
417 Posts
its kinda hard to noe wut size OEM bearing u need bcuz u will need the thickness of each color of the bearings and i dont think there is a chart for that..i would use the code off the crank and code off the block and go wit that, otherwise ACL bearings might be easier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts