Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car started. I have a 1996 ek hatch, k20z3 swap from a 2008 civic Si. I have a prb k pro 02-04 and a rywire engine harness and rywire adapter. The o2 sensor is an oem brand new rsx type s sensor. My k pro recognizes the sensor is there but when it is plugged in I do not get a reading in my k pro from the sensor. Revving the motor and the values do not change. If anyone has any ideas much appreciated thanks a lot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
did you set the sensor to be reconized in the kmanager . this may not help . i used a wide band in flashpro ( i relized there not the same ) had to set egt lift the my wideband read in flashpro. then ajust the voltage off set .
:coleman:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFR is reading 10.7 and doesn't change. Tried two o2 sensors and neither work. Tried different relay and that didn't change anything either.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
AFR is reading 10.7 and doesn't change. Tried two o2 sensors and neither work. Tried different relay and that didn't change anything either.
I think your sensor's dead. Have another, known working one, that you could swap in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am helping reedo with his car.

this was a brand new from Honda sensor. is there a way to check the sensor, to see if it's bad?

is there a chance that the wireing is wrong and that's what f fried the sensor? I don't want to go buy another 300$ o2 and fry it.

we do have a complete plug and play rywire harness in this car.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If the wiring was wrong, you would probably throw a CEL. Another possibility: The sensor is fine and you are just ultra-rich on fuel? That sensor only reads below a certain range of A/F ratio and once it moves out that range, it just flatlines. Again, I would try a known, working sensor and see what happens then.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
If the O2 signal ground is not grounded to the correct pin on your ecu, you won't get a reading showing in KPro. However, the sensor will still work with a ground from somewhere else. This means no CEL, because it is grounded just not in the right position to give the info to KPro.

I have fixed this error way too many times.

Check out my Primary O2 wiring thread:

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91229

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Yes it is interesting. It was fun the first time I troubleshooted this problem.
Basically the sensor will work because it is grounded.
However when you ground the O2 to the chassis for example, the info is not passed through the KPro.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks A lot for all the help guys

I will try this stuf out as soon as I can I just have a couple other jobs I need to attend to first.

we are getting a primary o2 heater code

justin

·
Registered
7 Posts
so after double checking everything a couple more times found of all things we have the wrong O2 sensor.

the part number on the box is correct, but it must of been packaged wrong.

so I ordered another one for tomorrow hope that makes the problem go away.
thanks again for the help.

Justin

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Keep us posted man! How did you determine it was the wrong packaging anyway?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We ordered another o2 sensor and it looks like it is the same wrong sensor. We are waiting til another k series car comes back to town and we are going to try the sensor in his car. If the sensor still performs incorrectly we know for sure the sensor is wrong. Thanks to everyone for all help. We will post our findings so others can find this thread and use it as a learning tool. Cheers

Alex

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Can we get some pics up of the wrong sensor? I just want to see what you got.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sensor is fine. Ran my friends car who just got home. So now we are back on chasing a wiring issues. Tried a different ecu and it was the same. Sensor is fine. The problem is wiring and we are positive of it. Just no idea what could be the issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts