Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the k20 swap that I got, previously caught on fire and it destroyed everything besides the motor/trans. I bought it for 2000 dollars. now I know with hondata you have to have an ecu but with all that trouble can I get somekind of standalone managment. aem, sds, etc. the plugs on the motor are a bit toast but salvageable, and everything turns fine. my problem is how do i get it running with out the factory ecu.

now another question if I decide to go stock will I need the key ,ecu and have honda flash the ecu to run with my car.

i have a 89 si and I really wanna clear my question on what to do with my 2k investment. should I stick with it or sell it. I have the cash just no info.

thanks guys I am a newbie :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so with the k pro will I need the original harness on the motor to the ecu or will it come with that, the harness is burnt to the wire . or would it be better to go with a stand alone with make my own wire harness.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
kdenbye said:
so with the k pro will I need the original harness on the motor to the ecu or will it come with that, the harness is burnt to the wire . or would it be better to go with a stand alone with make my own wire harness.

No, you can get a wire harness for about 250 plus...

It's going to cost you more if you buy everything separate...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wiring that has to be done?? is there a chart/guide to it on the net or does everything on the original harness plug all into the ecu and nothing has to be ran on the driver side of the car, like to original b/d series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.