Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just finished swapping my k20 into my em2. I relocated the battery to the trunk with 1gauge cable to the starter, 4gauge cable to the fuse box, and 4gauge cable from altenator to fuse box. Battery is grounded in the trunk where the spare tire is located. I used my dremel to clean the grounding area.

The problem is that when I turn my key to the Acc position I get nothing...the key doesn't even beep when it enters the steering column. When I turn the car to the ON position( not cranking/starting the engine) every thing lights up etc. All the lights work in the car etc. So far all of my under hood fuses are good, it was too dark to check underdash fuses... I will attempt that today.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
sounds like you have the wires hooked up wrong to the fuse box. try switching them.
The one on the right as you are standing in front of your car is the one that gets battery power.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm thanks for the info...actually tonight I don't know what happened but it started to work for a bit then stopped again...well actually it seems partial now because the stereo on n off but I get absolutely no beep when I place the key in the ignition.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Underdash fuses are good. I'm wondering if it's a grounding issue?

·
Registered
106 Posts
could be. Just to test, try running a length of wire from your battery ground to the front of the car and ground it there. nothing fancy, just to see if it improves things.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm for some reason its working now...i will attempt to do another ground from the battery ground for good measure. made the switch of the cables like you said to the fuse box but noticed that it worked either way...but i left it the way you perscribed( from battery to right side of fusebox). Thanks again i'll update with any new info

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i sent you a PM but after reading this , id say you definitely have ground issues.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely was grounding issues. I got it fixed. Used mr dremel to grind to the metal. The main battery ground was not making a good connection. So problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts