Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a k20a2 in a eg and was planning on going with a shot of nitrous. I know the basics but what setup would be best for the k20?What size of a shot ? and what should I upgrade i.e.....fuel pump, injectors? I am already running and aeromotive reg. and proflo gauge. I am running kpro as well.

·
Registered
805 Posts
150? that would be nice....... hookups imprt tek here in so cal did a k20a (r) on an 80 shot and it did 315whp, no k pro!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
that was my motor. it was on an 80 shot rich off the scale with no problems.

the reason it blew up was because i turned the bottle warmer on,ran several passes on the motor then hit the button on the dyno forgetting to check the bottle pressure and the motor let loose. this was just a costly mistake on my part. an 80 shot didnt blow it up....1900 psi in the bottle did.

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
dohcturtle said:

the reason it blew up was because i turned the bottle warmer on,ran several passes on the motor then hit the button on the dyno forgetting to check the bottle pressure and the motor let loose. this was just a costly mistake on my part. an 80 shot didnt blow it up....1900 psi in the bottle did.
jesus christ, 1900psi. 850-950 is optimal bro. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
644 Posts
1900 psi :wow: :wow: Aren't those bottles rated at 1800?? I was talking to a race car builder the other day (he has been around for a while) and told me that people at the track even torch the damn things to get the pressure way up, and this is pro mods by the way not some mickey mouse kid with a 20 shot. He said that he has known people that have blown bottles by doing this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok so on a stock k20a type S... on a kpro... lets say i have a wet kit, off the intake blah blah blah.... i can run a 100 shot wet safe???? with 11.0 compression and on 94 octane????? i was thinking 60 shot max, thats what i did on my jdm b18c type R motor with the same compression, u guys are saying 100 shot is fine??

·
Registered
433 Posts
dohcturtle said:

That doesn't make sense because the bottles have a pressure relief valve which generally pops at 1300+

·
Registered
7 Posts
sloboy_hatch said:
I have a k20a2 in a eg and was planning on going with a shot of nitrous. I know the basics but what setup would be best for the k20?What size of a shot ? and what should I upgrade i.e.....fuel pump, injectors? I am already running and aeromotive reg. and proflo gauge. I am running kpro as well.
go with a nos direct 80 shot and u could tune it with kpro

·
Registered
135 Posts
old nitrous rule of thumb: You can safely spray half your hp as long as you retard the ign timing a few degrees and run 1 step colder plugs. This has never failed me to this day. I have had NOS on almost all of my car in the past 8yrs with shots ranging from a 65 shot up to a 125 shot, all wet kits

·
Registered
475 Posts
:up:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.