Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
They also ran over 100 launches on that stock tranny at 600hp. Obviously it's not going to last forever...

The car went 10.5's before it blew...

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
I see they solved the whole only can use stock rims thing i see now.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
id say nissan FTW. the car is a work of art. It is a known problem with the LC so why do they keep running 10.5's at the drag strip with it. The tranny is a work of art on the race track, thats what the car was made to do and we all know it does it very well. Sucks about the LC though. Nissan is removing it for the next model year

·
Registered
164 Posts
The run wit da skyline and nitrous corvette was entertaining ,if u go through the slide you will find it, ediot rents a corvette and puts nos on it see what happens

·
Registered
65 Posts
id say nissan FTW. the car is a work of art. It is a known problem with the LC so why do they keep running 10.5's at the drag strip with it. The tranny is a work of art on the race track, thats what the car was made to do and we all know it does it very well. Sucks about the LC though. Nissan is removing it for the next model year
They were cutting 1.4 60's.

They launched it over 100 times.

Samurai Speed said:
After over 100+ launches of 600+whp, Samurai Speed finally found the limits of the GT-R's transmission! The gearbox snapped like a twig on launch.

* We're actually HAPPY that we finally found its limits. We knew it was only a matter of time and needed to upgrade the tranny to be able to take the car to the next power level (700...800...900HP and beyond.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like they weren't worried about it. These guys were putting down 600 and netting 10.5's with 1.4 60's, I'm sure they weren't upset when it finally went...

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts