Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently grabbed what was described as a “jdm k20a” from a coworker for $250 as he doesnt know how many miles are on it.

Its my first K series and first engine. I want to build it as practice as my first project and see if I can drop it in my 97 LX and get any fun out of it. But I want to know 100% what I have my hands on before I f it up buying the wrong parts, or if i should just flip it and get a different K. My guess is its the base RSX/integra type S motor, but I get confused in wether I should be searching for USDM k20a3 parts from and EP3 or how I should go about it.

Indicators I have:
VC is off so but the dipstick is orange so im guessing it was a Silver top not a red
Intake says PRB
under intake Block stamped w/ K20A | HM PNC
Next to exhaust mani. stamped w/ 21 PNC
Above exhaust mani. stamped w/ PPA-2

If there’s anything else or any picture I can take to help any of you internet geniuses just lmk. Any help would be appreciated immensely!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
if it looks like this on the inside it is a base RSX engine, the boring one.
Single lobe exhaust camshaft and 2 lobes on the intake cam shaft. Pictures "stolen" from ebay.

Cylinder Gas Auto part Engineering Font

Gas Auto part Machine Cylinder Engineering

if it looks like this on the inside, you got the real deal. The JDM K20a as used on the Integra Type R also came with a PRC intake manifold and not a PRB. They look identical on the outside except of the casting type mark, but the PRC features wider runners.

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Machine Automotive wheel system

Best to post a picture of what you actually got.

If you are on a budget, best to focus finding a good k20a2 vs a DC5 JDM K20a Type R engine.
If you intend a swap, you need engine, all ancillaries, engine loom, gearbox, clutch slave and ideally drive shafts incl. at least the inner joints.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts