Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people. Im from New Zealand and just signed up to this great site. i know nothing about k series but hopefully will learn alot while here. I currently own a 89 JDM RHD crx si but sadly its getting parted out :(
Within the next 6months or so i hope to either do a k series swap into either a eg hatch or into a crx. What are your guys thoughts on which would be better? Any comments are welcome. And i hope to purchase either a k20a or k24 from your country and was hoping you's would help me out on that, but not for a while tho lol.

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
welome aboard youll learn alot just search and good luck on the project

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Welcome aboard man!! :up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Yes i will be purchasing either a k20a or k24 off here within 6months as its pretty hard finding one here in new zealand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
welcome. but i wonder why you would buy a motor from us? aren't there K's down there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is 1 i have seen for sale since i have lived here in 10years. Maybe its just me but i can't seem to find any for sale. And i have only seen 1 EK hatch with k20a swap. Nobody here seems to do K Series swaps at all. Very nice engine IMO.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hastings, Fielding, Christchurch and a few other smaller towns. I liked CC the most. The "garden city" was unbeatable. I want to see more of the North Island and maybe go bungee jumping down South. I wasn't into the Honda scene when I was there, but I remember all the Japanese imports there like the skylines and the silvias. Plus there were always a bunch of mazda ....familia's (I think) that were turboed terrorizing the streets. Where are you living?

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
I think you could source an engine from JDM land in Australia. Save some money on shipping. Oh yeah............and welcome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really, i live in the north island in a place called Mount Maunganui, best holiday spot in NZ. Yeah people Hate hondas over here and i mean hate lol. The drifting was on about 2 or 3 weeks ago and i remember there was a 89 EF civic there that the someone had bought along and they got people to text in saying how long the honda would last and it had a blown headgasket and no radiator and they put a brick on the accelerator pedal and it lasted 4minutes lol. Quite sad for people to do that, especially to a honda. There is no honda in NZ that does 10sec 1/4mile or less.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts