Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just joined today looking for some advice on a swap. I have an 89 civic dx hatch and I am looking to do a k20a2 swap but need to know which block to use. Any general advice on the actual project at hand would be greatly appreciated. Just point me in the right direction as far as threads and what not. Wasnt sure where to post all this lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
welcome to k20a.org

Use the K20a2 block with a K-Tuned Steel Oil pan - their oil pan helps with clearance. I would search which headers fit with what engine mounts the best you plan to use - you don't want to get stuck there.

If you are buying a used engine, study engine diagram breakdowns and replace parts such as gaskets, seals, and certain high heat or high stress bolts. I would replace the water pump, the entire timing chain system, oil pump, and oil pump chain assembly. Replace the PCV valve.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those are all great links above ^^ another option would be to get an imported jdm motor with a warranty to have a little more insurance with your purchase. Be careful when ordering jdm k20a if they’re under a thousand bucks it’s the 160hp model. Sometimes you see the Jdm type s motors with the rbc head for 11-1200

·
Registered
31 Posts
Depending on the jdm motor seller, in order to retain their warranty certain parts have to be purchased new and installed. These parts are the water pump, timing chain system, spark plugs, and clutch. There maybe be more. I got that from the horses mouth at HMO.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Depending on the jdm motor seller, in order to retain their warranty certain parts have to be purchased new and installed. These parts are the water pump, timing chain system, spark plugs, and clutch. There maybe be more. I got that from the horses mouth at HMO.
Yes good point there is always fine print 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts