Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just wanted to say hello and show you my project that is almost complete. It’s 2004 RSX base that I k24 swapped and will be essentially building a type R clone.
interior is fully R swapped. Once the engine is tuned I’ll start the exterior process of adding oem skirts and wing.
You can check out the build on my Instagram @typerdee

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!
It’s a Jdm k24a stock internally.
RRC intake manifold
PRC TB port matched to 64MM tapered to 70MM at inlet by maxbore
PRB oil pump
PRB oil cooler
3” Hybrid Racing CAI
KTuned k24 RSX header & Test pipe
Invidia Q300
RDX injectors
DW 225 Fuel pump
KTuned fuel rail
I am running a custom map right now made by a buddy of mine who is an engine builder @KRX_Mike on IG
I will be going for a tune once I work a few small kinks out.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,287 Posts
It’s a Jdm k24a stock internally.
RRC intake manifold
Welcome to K20a.org K24DC5R! What a nice built! I am looking forward to see what it put down the rolls. Good luck for the tune!

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
Hey all,
Just wanted to say hello and show you my project that is almost complete. It’s 2004 RSX base that I k24 swapped and will be essentially building a type R clone.
interior is fully R swapped. Once the engine is tuned I’ll start the exterior process of adding oem skirts and wing.
You can check out the build on my Instagram @typerdee
View attachment 103579 View attachment 103580 View attachment 103581 View attachment 103582

View attachment 103584
What valve cover hardware kit is that ? It looks nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s too bad, I liked the look of it. I have heard and seen the skunk2 valve cover kits be less than up to par , especially the b series ones.
Yes, they do look great. Unfortunately One bolt stripped out on me, they aren’t hardware store type of bolts. I basically had to make my own bolt by modifying a hard to find bolt I found on eBay. I called junk 2 and they told me I had to buy a whole new kit!
The assembly process is annoying and I certainly thought it would leak, but luckily not.
I am once again pulling the valve cover to install cams. We’ll see if the Junk Skunk hardware makes it back on, or finds its way to the trash.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,287 Posts
That's a nice engine setup. Sorry for your mess with the S2 valvecover bolt kit.

Unfortunately One bolt stripped out on me, they aren’t hardware store type of bolts
What hex size is that? Looks like a 4 mm in a M8 screw 😕. Normally there should be a 6 mm hex in a M8 to transfer the torque right. Sometimes I have the feeling some aftermarket companies don't follow basic engineering rules 🤔.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
Yes, they do look great. Unfortunately One bolt stripped out on me, they aren’t hardware store type of bolts. I basically had to make my own bolt by modifying a hard to find bolt I found on eBay. I called junk 2 and they told me I had to buy a whole new kit!
The assembly process is annoying and I certainly thought it would leak, but luckily not.
I am once again pulling the valve cover to install cams. We’ll see if the Junk Skunk hardware makes it back on, or finds its way to the trash.
What cams are going in?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts