Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have been interested in building a k24/20 and attempting to drop it into my 1st gen crx! I love the idea of building that old car from the ground up with an engine I put together with my own two hands. This seems to be the place to be for all the information on both the motor and the swap itself. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Welcome.
May I suggest you spend a couple of hours reading here and then let us know your intended budget, power goals, car's use case and timeline :)
In the end, if you want it nice, it will take longer than anticipated and be more expensive. :)
But you'll enjoy it.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,174 Posts
Welcome to K20a.org @JoahJM

k24/20 and attempting to drop it into my 1st gen crx!
You are not alone:
Many more with a tone of information. You are definitely on the right website. You just need to find it. Better using a search engine and start with "K20a.org 1st gen CRX K24..." or similar. The search here is less flexible and successful, but works out good for basic stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome.
May I suggest you spend a couple of hours reading here and then let us know your intended budget, power goals, car's use case and timeline :)
In the end, if you want it nice, it will take longer than anticipated and be more expensive. :)
But you'll enjoy it.
I have no real goals, budget or expectations with it as I just want to learn and tweak as both the car and I progress in life. I do know that I want either a k24a2 or a k20a2 to start, but eventually want the k24/20 built from both of those motors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to K20a.org @JoahJM

You are not alone:
Many more with a tone of information. You are definitely on the right website. You just need to find it. Better using a search engine and start with "K20a.org 1st gen CRX K24..." or similar. The search here is less flexible and successful, but works out good for basic stuff.
Oh wow! I was lucky enough to find this website and now you’re just helping me by dropping all this info in my lap for me to read, thank you so much!!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,174 Posts
Oh wow! I was lucky enough to find this website and now you’re just helping me by dropping all this info in my lap for me to read, thank you so much!!
You are welcome. We are here to help each other. I would appreciate if you start a built thread, where other can follow you, support you, motivate you or have just a detailed look and get surprised, astohnished or just relaxed other find the same issues ;).

I started reading up on the k series and fell in love
That's what happens to me 9 years ago. I just talked to the longest active member here, who is active here since

19 years

and still in love with the K-series and working on his 4th or 5th K-swap. The K-series is truly an amazing engine platform, I believe it has the potential for 180 hp/Liter in NA and 100 ftlb/Liter. I already proven it can have over 100 ftlb/Liter and 155 hp/Liter within my DAMPFHAMMER engine (2-Liter-NA-engine, 86.5x86, 310 hp, 208 ftlb). Which platform can supply this else?

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
I already proven it can have over 100 ftlb/Liter and 155 hp/Liter within my DAMPFHAMMER engine (2-Liter-NA-engine, 86.5x86, 310 hp, 208 ftlb). Which platform can supply this else?
This is milestone for Honda and Honda engineers are most likely unaware of your achievements. It would incredible if Honda wanted to get involved with you on a engine project. I would love to see this take place.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,174 Posts
This is milestone for Honda and Honda engineers are most likely unaware of your achievements. It would incredible if Honda wanted to get involved with you on a engine project. I would love to see this take place.
I've tried to get in contact with the former project engineer of the K-series engine over social media and what I've found else, but without success that time. I would love to discuss some aspects of the engine design and the requirements paper which was the basis.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
I've tried to get in contact with the former project engineer of the K-series engine over social media and what I've found else, but without success that time. I would love to discuss some aspects of the engine design and the requirements paper which was the basis.
the best thing to do would be to get the HD engine running and in the car. Then ship the original DAMPFHAMMER to Japan and you fly to Japan to meet the engine at Honda. They will want to look at the engine and wonder what the the heck did this guy come up with.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,174 Posts
...Then ship the original DAMPFHAMMER to Japan and you fly to Japan to meet the engine at Honda.
That would be a consequent measure if this, then still to be arranged, discussion would mean a lot to me and my projects. Actually it would be nice to have more background about K-series engine and this is why it doesn't mean a stop for me or of actual or future projects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts