Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright here is the jist of the story:

i have a customer who spun a bearing in his oem block. we bought a good working k20a block the only known problem with it was it broke a cam at idle a few months back. the motor is in a 02 rsx s with 15x,xxx miles. replaced oil pump, new arp head studs, and new oem gasket. get everything assembled and all fluids added. prime motor and car starts up first time no noise no problems... let it run through a complete heat cycle pull it off the lift drive it about 100 yds see the temp gauge start to rise and return to the shop. park the car out back and decide to check on the problem the next day. go to pull the car in and car will not start... just giving me a whining free spinning no compression noise.
next day check fuel, check spark all is well. oil and coolant are still full with no mixing. pull the valve cover and check the timing everything is still dead on. do a compression test and it is 0 across the board... needle doesnt even attempt to budge. next i do a leak down and its 10-13% in cylinders 1-2-4 and nearly 40% in cylinder 3... which is an issue i will address later. this still should be well enough for the motor to start. everything moves freely in the head and bottom end. before i drop everything out again i would like to hear any other peoples input on what they think may be the issue or things i can try out.

thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
Josh,
Maybe check the ecu connection, but the ultra low compression numbers are scary!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got the ecu back from joe so it now has kpro so ima try that again

also here is a reply i just posted on crsx

"lash is correct i already checked that and once again timing is fine
if it was bent valves im sure it would have failed miserably in the leakdown

if timing was that far off it also wouldnt do to hot in the leakdown

i figured it may be 180 off but that would still be weird and wrong considering it ran just fine and throws no check engine lights even when it was running

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill leave it in front of your place joe
i think i may know what it is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts