**On SALE now for a limited time**

Paypal is [email protected]
please add your order and screen name in the commet box thanks

** Hondabond also instock and can be added in addition

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Re: -- New K24 Steel oil pans instock --

Would you be able to confirm the useage with the A2 Oil Pump? Last I knew that was a no-go. Would that useage also be with either the K20 or K24 bottom end?

Edit: No offense meant, just hoping for correct/confirmation of information.

·
Registered
21,783 Posts

Would you be able to confirm the useage with the A2 Oil Pump? Last I knew that was a no-go. Would that useage also be with either the K20 or K24 bottom end?

you can definitely use this with an A2 pump. I did for 2 years when my car was running, got tired a breaking and buying type-S pans with EKK1's and 15's. I have a stack of these.

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Being on a k20 or k24 wouldnt matter the bottom of the engine isnt any different geometry wise.

Thanks for posting Mark

I've also seen where someone cut a pan in half to take pictures of sump clearence

People daily drive with this pan and Rsx pump.

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

you can definitely use this with an A2 pump. I did for 2 years when my car was running, got tired a breaking and buying type-S pans with EKK1's and 15's. I have a stack of these.
:qft:

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

whoops! Damn auto correct on I-phone. I meant to say "beating", as in knocking out a dent from inside to clear pick up. Sorry about that....
Haha autocorrect is a good and bad thing

Just bolts on ,no mods

·
Registered
21,783 Posts

I had no idea this was usable with an a2 pump! Sweet! Guess ill use my k24 pan and gain some clearance. No bearing is needed to clear the pick-up?
you will gain ground clearance a tiny tiny bit. like 8-10 millimeters seriously. and you'll lose gap between the bottom of the pan and the pump. Nikos 101.6 motor had a steel pan on it I believe with an ERL S2K pump and the pump-to-pan gap was too small keeping his car from picking pressure and going into vtec.

the basic reason for having these is they are cheaper and lighter. we'll sell the crv trans shield additionally with these too. they cover the lower portion of the trans case where the flywheel is exposed that a type-s pan covers.

if you have a kswap daily and 15's on your car, or its slammed like my GF's stupid RSX, its more than likely you're going to end up smashing a pan at some point.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts