Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what came in today... :dance:

Hey, guys I just got my New K-series intake manifold from Magnus Motorsports. I got one along with [email protected] Performance. I'll be putting it in my K24 turbo car and Mike will also run it on Cheryl's all motor car.

The welding on this manifold is beautiful and I love the velocity stacks inside. Overall contruction of this manifold is :up::up:

Here are some pics, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
that thing looks top notch:up: im curious to see the gains on your car, i wounder how it would do on a all motor k car.

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
just hope magnus has stepped up they're game . They made alot of shoddy
evo manifolds. ips ftw

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just hope magnus has stepped up they're game . They made alot of shoddy
evo manifolds. ips ftw
Lol... That's why Brent Rau run's 6's right? :dance:

All jokes aside... The manifold is very well constructed :up: you just have to see it in person. I'm just sent mine out to get anodized black and should get it back early next week. I'll hopefully get it in the car by the end of next week. Keep you guy's updated on progress...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've seen a handful of k series cars with this manifold. I've always wondered about the gains on a NA kseries. The design is nice

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Looks like the plenum is a little small... just my opinion

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Someone posted a graph from this manifold on a NA motor.. It failed vs the RBC.. Anyone has the link? I know it was on the all motor forum but I don;t remember who made the post.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Just a question... Why do you think it's small? How big does a plenum need to be? I'm curious to your answer and look foward to it.

In this picture it looks like the cieling of the plenum is rather close to the runners/velocity stacks... I think that last runner at the end is going to have problems getting teh same type of flow as the rest of them sine it is all the way at the end away from the TB. Don't get me wrong i actually am a fan of the traditional layout like this over the center TB, just because the layout was made for teh standard style from thr factory. With a higher cieling I would think flow to that last runner would improve. For the volume of air it is going to move it just seems like the inside of the plenum is not complimantary to the flow the runners will need. Like I said it is just my opinion, and I am no expert just what I see...

Pictures can be decieving, and I know some of these things are made the way they are due to space constraints and wanting to fit parts in many different chassis' and configurations, I'm sure they made it the way they did for some reason. Just if I was making it I may have tried to do things a little different. Overall it seems like a nice piece. Lets see how it performs for you.

I'm sure in an FI setup though it will do better because all the air is just being forced through the manifold anyways...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
As soon as I get this manifold, its getting sent out to get flow tested along with 3 others we have had made to determine which will work best with our new setup. I should have the test results within the next couple of weeks.
We will be using 14+:1 compression again, along with a set of custom "very high" lift set of cams.
As stated before, this manifold may make more power than an rbc only from 8k rpm and up. but thats what some of us are looking for :cool:

On a side note, we fabbed up a custom plenum for a set of PRB runners and we ended up netting 16 hp over the rbc in a back to back test, even in mid-range.

You cant really see the depth of the plenum from this angle, but its rather large lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts