Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

If you've browsed many forums I'm sure you've seen my user-name somewhere! Welp anyways my mod list is going to be included in this post and so far I LOVE driving the car. It's gotten many compliments on the speed as well as the build and it runs like a top. Before anyone ask ... No :( I didn't build it and that's because I picked the car up at such a crackhead price I knew I couldn't build it for double what I paid for the car! But anyways onto the cars build and then a couple pics!

Engine:
k20z3 motor
ERL performance sleeves
88 bore
86 stroke
9.0:1 compression
JE pistons
Manley rods , Oem crank , stock k20z3 head ,
Avid Racing EK k1 k-siries mounts
RBC manifold ,
p2r throttle body spacer
BLOX thermo-shield intake manifold gasket
FullRace sidewinder manifold
Garrett T4 GT35R ball bearing water-cooled turbo w/.82 Turbine & Heat
Tial 44mm V-Band w Custom dump-tube
Tial 50mm Bov
3" Down-pipe Heat Wrapped and is a VBAND setup
Custom 2.5" polished aluminum charge pipes With all T-bolt clamps
Custom 3 row radiator Triple Core Fully Welded Aluminum
KTeller 3" exhaust dynomax resonator w/ vibrant 3" muffler
walbro 255lpph in tank fuel pump
RC High resistance 750cc injectors
BDL high volume fuel rail
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
earls summit racing fuel lines and fittings
Hybrid racing pnp ek k-series swap harness
karcepts shifter mounts kit
Golden eagle vacum block
Golden Eagle Sandwich Plate
Turbo xs boost controller
hondata K-pro (tuned)

Transmission:
Drive shaft shop level 2.9 axles
Clutchmaster 6-puck sprung clutch kit
2004 EP3 si trans w/ 4.7 FD

The above is it's list and at about 9LBS I made 362WHP which I thought was kickass but I'm definitely going to shoot for more. I'm thinking after I drive it for a little while on 9lbs I'll be shooting up to around 14-16LBS and tuning it again with my local tuner. The car should easily (I think) support 500WHP without any complications but I know the higher I go the faster things CAN/WILL break. My previous car before this was just a b20-turbo pushing about 9LBS as well and it made roughly 230WHP but boy was that thing slow compared to this (laugh).

Anyways that's about it!

Names John and I hope to learn a bunch while I'm here!

If anyone has any ideas of what I should do next then I'd be really happy to listen to some guys input and try to get this car rolling a little faster!

Thanks,
John

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Welcome to K20a.org!! :up::up:
Before I make any suggestions I would have to know what chassis and brakes the set up is. It's good to have a good balance of whoa & go! I am from and live in Seattle but my dad is a ********.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to K20a.org!! :up::up:
Before I make any suggestions I would have to know what chassis and brakes the set up is. It's good to have a good balance of whoa & go! I am from and live in Seattle but my dad is a ********.
Represent Them Southern Boys! Sorry I thought I posted pics of the car...
It's a 97 EK Hatch with an EG Subframe also the stopping power is Slotted Rotors up front and rear with a full GSR brake swap (non-ABS still).

Thanks,
John

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
I would stay with what you got for a while and assess your goals. That is a great braking system for you. Take your time and read a lot of motor builds in the forced induction forum to get a feel of what is working and what isn't.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would stay with what you got for a while and assess your goals. That is a great braking system for you. Take your time and read a lot of motor builds in the forced induction forum to get a feel of what is working and what isn't.
Well... since it's built I think the starting platform is rock solid. I'm using a 2004 EP trans which I feel is a weak link but I don't really have the funds to upgrade it with an LSD currently nor swap it out with a 6spd (I don't think it needs a 6spd to be honest). My goals I'd like to pursue would be to put this car in deep 11's and I think simply learning to drive the car and upping the boost will allow the build to do so quite easily. It's also running Tein Basic Coil-overs so I'm rather happy with the smoothness it has while traveling without bottoming out or anything crazy.

Thanks for posting back tho, any input is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Welcome John... The ep3 tranny is just fine.. The only thing with it is that if it had a 4.3fd instead of the factory 4.7fd, you would like it a lot better..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts