Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Joined here not long ago.i had a 92 civic si,i was debating doing a k.but wasnt sure i wanted to at the same time.ended up selling her and ended up buying this 09 si,almost 149k.

Might be a slow project.it needs paint on the passenger side were the sun burnt it on the roof rear quarter and door.

Have had it maybe 2 or 3 weeks.
So far no mods.just did led head lights.soon to cheange out the head unit.since i have a double din in the closet along with a component set.

But Might order a intake tomorrow.

Not sure were i want to go with this car.
Already considered selling her.just a few issues she has i decided i dont want to deal with.plus i saw a red si at a dealer i kinda got an itch to check out.then again its a payment..rather have mod money instead of payment money lol.

Who knows.ill keep playing with her and see whats comes of it..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Yea she runs great.
As for the bads,

1) after a few days or a week of owning It found out that the side that has sun baked paint had slight damage on the wheel well area.and the door was replaced.
Also had damage right below the gas tank lid.
I dunno.just something about rear quater panel damage always bothered me lol.
2)ac isnt working that great.gets warm at times.but im planning on changing the valve under dash.might go ahead and replace the compressor while im at it and maybe a condenser as well.
3)abs,vsa,and the triangle light pops up alot.go off for a bit then comes back.did the reset through the obd plug.
Bleed the brakes.replaced a broken sensor.and cleaned the other sensors.
Feels like it has air in the lines.but there wasnt anything after i bled them.maybe just needing brakes but the did have plentt meat.
These lights turned on about an hour or so after buying it.was a as is deal.so i just said the hell with it.
4)tpms light is on.i knew about this
Previous owner replaced tires and said since discount chamged them.the lights been on.
I think it has regular rubber air valves on 3 tires.what it looks like to me.havent looked into it.

I bought it cash.was 4800.
The interior is really clean aside a few cig holes.but doesnt smell surprisingly.

Owell.already in the hole lol.might as well get out and fix whats needed.we will see

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,140 Posts
Thanks
Yea she runs great.
As for the bads,

1) after a few days or a week of owning It found out that the side that has sun baked paint had slight damage on the wheel well area.and the door was replaced.
Also had damage right below the gas tank lid.
I dunno.just something about rear quater panel damage always bothered me lol.
2)ac isnt working that great.gets warm at times.but im planning on changing the valve under dash.might go ahead and replace the compressor while im at it and maybe a condenser as well.
3)abs,vsa,and the triangle light pops up alot.go off for a bit then comes back.did the reset through the obd plug.
Bleed the brakes.replaced a broken sensor.and cleaned the other sensors.
Feels like it has air in the lines.but there wasnt anything after i bled them.maybe just needing brakes but the did have plentt meat.
These lights turned on about an hour or so after buying it.was a as is deal.so i just said the hell with it.
4)tpms light is on.i knew about this
Previous owner replaced tires and said since discount chamged them.the lights been on.
I think it has regular rubber air valves on 3 tires.what it looks like to me.havent looked into it.

I bought it cash.was 4800.
The interior is really clean aside a few cig holes.but doesnt smell surprisingly.

Owell.already in the hole lol.might as well get out and fix whats needed.we will see
Under 5k isn’t bad if the engine and trans are solid. Ya QP damage on Hondas sucks lol but with the ac it may just need a recharge ? Best case scenario lol. The tire pressure sensor deal is pretty common after getting tires swapped those guys don’t give a F lol. Well I hope the best of luck to you and getting her all squared away

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah.i thought that ac was low because i noticed leakage from one of the little valves.
So i put new ones and vac and refill but unfortunately it still the same.
I was hoping i coukd just pull the bulb but i was looking at a cluster at a junkyard from the same gen and they looked to be led but on the circuit board thing.sucks.
Kinda miss the old school style.
Pull the bulb,"fixed" no problem lmao

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats a nice ride not bad of a price either. I owed a black 2008 Fa5 I loved it was a very good car and was quick with flash pro base map.

Id keep the car try fixing it up little by little. Your better off with fixing it up on your own than to get into monthly payments and still have to do work on the car either or you just don't really want payments on a car horrible idea..

The color is really nice. Try banging things out little by little do keep us posted here abd let us know how things do go for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 102267
Joined here not long ago.i had a 92 civic si,i was debating doing a k.but wasnt sure i wanted to at the same time.ended up selling her and ended up buying this 09 si,almost 149k.

Might be a slow project.it needs paint on the passenger side were the sun burnt it on the roof rear quarter and door.

Have had it maybe 2 or 3 weeks.
So far no mods.just did led head lights.soon to cheange out the head unit.since i have a double din in the closet along with a component set.

But Might order a intake tomorrow.

Not sure were i want to go with this car.
Already considered selling her.just a few issues she has i decided i dont want to deal with.plus i saw a red si at a dealer i kinda got an itch to check out.then again its a payment..rather have mod money instead of payment money lol.

Who knows if I get a new one via this offer will it affect my credit score?
It looks gorgeous, really. Looks very similar to Tesla Model S, my opinion. I have always said that in terms of design Honda is second to none (y):love:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts