Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
as far as buying someone elses Swap i alrdy got the Car (98 hatch).and as far as the moror goes Around here its rather hard to get an engine with papers , most of the crap i see around is sketchy stuff more than likly stolen once or twice over , just dont want to deal with the hastle of any non-legit parts.

as far as my 1st build its not i am new to the K game and have only build a previos car (eg 4rd mini-me on 10 pounds ) thats not exactly sitting well with me as far as speed goes , good daily but its old would rather go with a K , i just dont know my potential for a DD car as far as power and torque.

· Registered
3,316 Posts
You really need to sit down and do a lot of research as to what you want and figure out how to get there before you spend the first dime on the motor. That's what I've done and before I really got started I've slightly changed plans 3 or 4 times. The big difference is that I know exactly what I want and have a very good idea on what it takes to get there, but I have the tendency to try to add more than I need. If you want a boosted car, then look at that. If you want all motor or nitrous look into that, just make a strong game plan I work to complete it. I'll tell you this though, your project isn't going to end up like you want if you don't know what you're building goals are.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You really need to sit down and do a lot of research as to what you want and figure out how to get there before you spend the first dime on the motor. That's what I've done and before I really got started I've slightly changed plans 3 or 4 times. The big difference is that I know exactly what I want and have a very good idea on what it takes to get there, but I have the tendency to try to add more than I need. If you want a boosted car, then look at that. If you want all motor or nitrous look into that, just make a strong game plan I work to complete it. I'll tell you this though, your project isn't going to end up like you want if you don't know what you're building goals are.

yeah been thining bout this for the past few days and and i realised how open ended my question was

SO! heres what i decided i want to go with a K24/20 Frank build and go Boosted as well. Looking for around 400hp or more , dont now a whole lot more than that on what i want other than it going into my EK hatch.

If u need anymore info to help me out on what i may want just ask.

Also not sure if its possable but since im going turbo i know i can scale the boost with an adjustable boost gauge. but im curious if im able to adjust between 2 diff tunes on my ECU or if i need 2 , like 1 tune for DD and another for when i go out and race , probably 2 ecu's would be better .... unless im going nuts and thinking up crap as i go , idk been working for almost 32 hours straight imma hit the sack and see what u guys can come up with as far as helping me out goes.

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
The Hondata Kpro is fully programmable can load any Hondata Tuned Cal Fil. The Kpro manager software comes with a plethora of Tuned Cal. files... There is absolutely no reason to need more than 1 ECU. . It is fully programmable and your laptop will be your tuning library.

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.