Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
What is your desired budget?

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
budget isnt realy a thing i know its going to take me a while to complete it, but i picked up a second job just for the $$ to do this car , i pull down around 2k a month thats pretty much dedicated to this car i alrdy have 8k saved up (witch took forever).

im wanting to go all out on it but keep it some what streetable. its one of the last things im doing b4 i purchase a house so im wanting something worth it.

i guess if i had to say a MAX budget nothing over 20k , hoping not to get it that high but if it comes to it least ill have one hell of a toy.

Also was looking around on the forums and i think im wanting to go Boost and not spray , since it sems if i go K20 or K24/20 they respond and hold boost realy good (least from what i read).

Thx in advance for any help.
In all honesty If your budget is nothing over $20K but something close to it, your better off buying someones car already and rebuild the internals..... You already have $8K now.. That can get you a running K swap car, versus you buying everything piece by piece....

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
i know i can buy someones but not to interested in that , i want to learn to build engines and what to expect from em , just buying some4ones swapped car ....i cant realy say i would be happy with that no matter how the speed .

i know im asking for help but i dont want it all just handed to me just for $$ , theres realy no fun in that imo.

and you asked budget i said nothing over 20k lol not like i want to spend it all but if it comes to it im willing to, if need be for some reason i can go higher than 20k but would rather not have it take that long but like i said ill do what i can
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying... Buy someones swapped car, take out the engine and build it.. Its no different than piecing it together.. You will save a bunch since the car will come with all the parts.. You will still get the same experience.....
just looked at more threads think imma raise my budget and give myself more time to do it right , Checked out your build 1320 and noticed what you spent , im guessing im probably looking at spending around the same and maybe up a little more , i guess if i had to say a 100% price i wont go over its 40k , only because i know i cant afford more than that for quite a while. so lemmi know what you can do with as much as i can , the cheaper the better but i want it nasty is i guess what im trying to say.

just incase the question comes up i always run off 93 octane but have a Steady supply of 100 octane if need be.
I promise you will regret it..... Im sure there are more that will agree with me on this..

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
The Hondata Kpro is fully programmable can load any Hondata Tuned Cal Fil. The Kpro manager software comes with a plethora of Tuned Cal. files... There is absolutely no reason to need more than 1 ECU. . It is fully programmable and your laptop will be your tuning library.

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.