Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i plan to start a EK Hatch build here within the next few week, alrdy have a bit of $$ and alrdy got the ek hatch. Just got to figure out what exactly i'm going to do , im rather new to the building and planning part of this but thats why im here =) for some of u Pro's to help this noob in some Theories about what i should do.

Okay so heres the plan i want to build a K20 or a k24/20 on boost or bottle either witch way im trying to get it to run as fast as it can but while staying a DD , kinda a contradiction i know but its kinda what i have in mind for now , least till i build an all Strip car in a year or so.

So pretty much im asking for any help building spec or anything in general u guys think might be pretty nasty. as far as anything im starting with i have $$ im leaving the floor open to what u guys think is best figure i might as well have a full plan b4 i buy stuff b4 i just dive head long into it . so thats y im asking for help :) Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome man. I suggest you be a little more detailed as to what you want to do. It's a very general and broad question. Like for example, how much power you want to make and torque. Don't forget man, you said for it to be a daily. So you don't want nothing that's uncomfortable. You want a build that's very reliable. So nothing to extreme.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as HP and torque im looking for as much as i can , as far as comfort not over woried about it it will be a daily driver but its my second Car not like i have to worry bout my GF complaining bout the ride , yes i want it to be decent but i dont want to be to slow.

i guess a general HP would be 400+ for sure theres quite a few K series guys down here (EG's and Rex's ) that pull 350 and one i know if on a 125 shot and the other is on like 10 pounds boost , Im looking to be faster than this , since both are almost bone stock.

Like i said im a noobie when it comes to this i dont know my HP and torque potential for a daily driver , trying to get some input since i am fairly retarded when it comes to this.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
What is your desired budget?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
budget isnt realy a thing i know its going to take me a while to complete it, but i picked up a second job just for the $$ to do this car , i pull down around 2k a month thats pretty much dedicated to this car i alrdy have 8k saved up (witch took forever).

im wanting to go all out on it but keep it some what streetable. its one of the last things im doing b4 i purchase a house so im wanting something worth it.

i guess if i had to say a MAX budget nothing over 20k , hoping not to get it that high but if it comes to it least ill have one hell of a toy.

Also was looking around on the forums and i think im wanting to go Boost and not spray , since it sems if i go K20 or K24/20 they respond and hold boost realy good (least from what i read).

Thx in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
budget isnt realy a thing i know its going to take me a while to complete it, but i picked up a second job just for the $$ to do this car , i pull down around 2k a month thats pretty much dedicated to this car i alrdy have 8k saved up (witch took forever).

im wanting to go all out on it but keep it some what streetable. its one of the last things im doing b4 i purchase a house so im wanting something worth it.

i guess if i had to say a MAX budget nothing over 20k , hoping not to get it that high but if it comes to it least ill have one hell of a toy.

Also was looking around on the forums and i think im wanting to go Boost and not spray , since it sems if i go K20 or K24/20 they respond and hold boost realy good (least from what i read).

Thx in advance for any help.
In all honesty If your budget is nothing over $20K but something close to it, your better off buying someones car already and rebuild the internals..... You already have $8K now.. That can get you a running K swap car, versus you buying everything piece by piece....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i can buy someones but not to interested in that , i want to learn to build engines and what to expect from em , just buying some4ones swapped car ....i cant realy say i would be happy with that no matter how the speed .

i know im asking for help but i dont want it all just handed to me just for $$ , theres realy no fun in that imo.

and you asked budget i said nothing over 20k lol not like i want to spend it all but if it comes to it im willing to, if need be for some reason i can go higher than 20k but would rather not have it take that long but like i said ill do what i can

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just looked at more threads think imma raise my budget and give myself more time to do it right , Checked out your build 1320 and noticed what you spent , im guessing im probably looking at spending around the same and maybe up a little more , i guess if i had to say a 100% price i wont go over its 40k , only because i know i cant afford more than that for quite a while. so lemmi know what you can do with as much as i can , the cheaper the better but i want it nasty is i guess what im trying to say.

just incase the question comes up i always run off 93 octane but have a Steady supply of 100 octane if need be.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
i know i can buy someones but not to interested in that , i want to learn to build engines and what to expect from em , just buying some4ones swapped car ....i cant realy say i would be happy with that no matter how the speed .

i know im asking for help but i dont want it all just handed to me just for $$ , theres realy no fun in that imo.

and you asked budget i said nothing over 20k lol not like i want to spend it all but if it comes to it im willing to, if need be for some reason i can go higher than 20k but would rather not have it take that long but like i said ill do what i can
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying... Buy someones swapped car, take out the engine and build it.. Its no different than piecing it together.. You will save a bunch since the car will come with all the parts.. You will still get the same experience.....
just looked at more threads think imma raise my budget and give myself more time to do it right , Checked out your build 1320 and noticed what you spent , im guessing im probably looking at spending around the same and maybe up a little more , i guess if i had to say a 100% price i wont go over its 40k , only because i know i cant afford more than that for quite a while. so lemmi know what you can do with as much as i can , the cheaper the better but i want it nasty is i guess what im trying to say.

just incase the question comes up i always run off 93 octane but have a Steady supply of 100 octane if need be.
I promise you will regret it..... Im sure there are more that will agree with me on this..

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
dude rex i right....buy someone's half assed project and make it your own....

I'm sitting in a room with over 20K in parts in it....car still dont run....budget gotten blown out years ago....

wish someone had told me....

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Get a beater, swap a K20A2 in it, toss the hell out of it. Get used to it. Figure out what you like and don't like. Then build your dream car. Swap the motor in the fresh chassis and build it how you want.
Do not spend all of this money the first time around. What happens if you don't like it?

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
build a solid built 2.4 bottom end, probly see an easy 280-300 with good parts, and throw a 100 shot or a little bigger on it and call it a day. Fun daily with the juice just incase...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.