Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
J-Spec
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new DGauge from Brockway Engineering is now available!

The DGauge is a digital multi-gauge that plugs into the diagnostic port on most 1996 and later Asian, European and some US vehicles and displays real-time engine data on it's color TFT LCD. Through the selection of one of 3 different screen modes, you can monitor 2 or 4 user selectable parameters at a time. As many as 25 different parameters are available for viewing, depending on vehicle support and 7 parameters via external sensors. Exceptionally easy to set up and operate. With unmatched performance and reliability, the DGauge offers the most advanced technology in engine monitoring.

100% compatible with all K-Series applications utilizing the factory ECU.
100% compatible with K-Pro. Monitor A/F ratio, engine temp, boost and more.

Supported vehicle parameters:

STF (Short Term Fuel Trim) %

LTF (Long Term Fuel Trim) %

CLV (Calculated Load Value) %

ALV (Absolute Load Value) %

RPM (Engine RPM)

IGN (Ignition Timing) °

TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) %

MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) kPa

BP (Boost Pressure) kPa or psi

MAF (Mass Air Flow) g/s

ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) °F or °C

EOT (Engine Oil Temperature) °F or °C

IAT (Intake Air Temperature) °F or °C

AAT (Ambient Air Temperature) °F or °C

O2 (Oxygen Sensor Voltage) v (Bank1 and Bank2)

AFR (A/F Ratio) (Bank1 and Bank2)

ALC (Fuel Alcohol Level) %

VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) mph or km/h

BAT (Battery Voltage) v

FRP (Fuel Rail Pressure) kPa or psi

GR (Gear Position) 1,2,3,4,5,6

* Some parameters not available on all vehicles.

Supported external sensor parameters:

EOT (Engine Oil Temperature) °F or °C

IAT (Intake Air Temperature) °F or °C

AFR (A/F Ratio)

EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) °F or °C

OIL (Oil Pressure) kPa or psi

FRP (Fuel Rail Pressure) kPa or psi

BP (Boost Pressure) kPa or psi

Features:

• 3 screen modes that allow the user to select the data displayed.

• Selectable color for each "Gauge".

• Speed and Temperature can be displayed in Metric or English units.

• Pressure can be displayed in kPa or psi.

• Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's).

• Turns off check engine light (CEL).

• Displays boost on vehicles equipped with a MAP sensor.

• Displays A/F ratio on vehicles equipped with an OEM wideband O2 sensor.

• 2 external sensor inputs.

• Programmable shift light output.

• Adjustable ECT, EOT, EGT, BP and OIL alerts.

• Adjustable LCD brightness.

• Fast update rate.

• Data output for logging.

• Updatable Firmware.

• Simple Plug and Play installation with included Data Link cable.

• Advanced high reliability 3" TFT LCD. Readable in direct sunlight.

• Automotive grade components used throughout.

• Compact size (5.2"x 2.2"x0.75"). Includes mounting brackets.

• A/F ratio conversion for Honda/Acura K20 engines built from 2002 to 2003. Vehicles with these engines have wideband A/F sensors but do not report the A/F ratio via the standard PID for A/F ratio and must be converted from the O2 sensor voltage. Accuracy is within a tenth of a point (0.1) from 11.5:1 to 15.5:1 A/F ratio. It will read richer and leaner mixtures, however the conversion is less accurate as the A/F ratio moves out of this range.

Options:

Shift Light - The shift light output is adjustable from 3,000 rpm to 9,900 rpm in 100 rpm increments. The output can drive an LED shift light such as the SL2A (sold separately).

External Sensors - The DGauge has 2 external sensor inputs. Sensors and sensor connection cables are sold separately.

See website for complete details and demo video:
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/dgauge.html

·
J-Spec
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will this fit in a single din slot?
It depends on the vehicle. Most vehicles with DIN slots are slightly larger than the spec. Measure your DIN opening to verify. We designed the DGauge with a DIN mount in mind, but market demand will dictate if we tool up for a special version.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My friend actually purchased one of these not too long ago and I've messed with it for a bit.

The unit has great flexibility with its external sensor inputs plus all the OBD sensor data already available from the ECU. My friend plans to remove all his gauges and clean up a lot of clutter and wiring with this unit. Should be very effective and covering everything he needs in one small package.

I definitely liked the overall feel and construction of it. Very solid unit. Everything is very intuitive as well as offering the user a good range of customization. The different screen colors were also great considering how newer cars have a much larger variety of interior lighting colors compared to everything from the past that was mostly light green.

The big thing here is complete package of information it can potentially provide while being modestly priced, compact and concise. I've looked at other options and it's usually a sacrifice in one (or more) of the three areas.

You're either paying a million dollars at the end of the day to monitor everything you want to monitor and/or it's a pain to install with all the wiring and such that you end up with a huge mess and it's not compact either.

I currently own an older Brockway Engineering R920 unit. Ended up buying one for the reasons above. Still works great today after all the abuse I put it through and does what it advertised. Although I am thinking about getting a newer DGauge to replace it.

But I would recommend anyone to BE products. Know a few people who ended up spending 2-3x as much as I did to monitor LESS parameters with their Defi gauges to only end up selling that huge mess for a simpler, more effective and cleaner BE monitoring system. :up:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Does it use the oem O2 wide band sensor or does it come with its own?

Stefan

·
J-Spec
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does it use the oem O2 wide band sensor or does it come with its own?

Stefan
The DGauge gets the O2 sensor data from the ECU, so in the case of a K-Series application, the factory wideband is where the A/F measurement originates. For other applications that don't have a factory wideband, then an external wideband (AEM) sensor can be used. There are 2 analog inputs for external sensors.

·
J-Spec
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here is a list of the OBD parameters that are available on a K-Series...

2002~2004 Type-S ECU

CLV
ECT
STF
LTF
MAP
BP
RPM
VSS
IGN
IAT
TPS
O2 (voltage)
AFR (using K20 conversion)
GR

2006~2011 Civic Si

CLV
ALV
ECT
STF
LTF
MAP
BP
RPM
VSS
IGN
IAT
MAF
TPS
AFR
BAT
GR

All Honda applications that we have tested will read boost by way of the MAP sensor, however the range is limited to 177 kPa MAP. This translates to 10~12 psi, depending on elevation. If you want to monitor boost pressure higher than that, then you will have to use an external sensor.

·
J-Spec
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New firmware just released! We added LTF and ALV for vehicles that support it.
Also, for vehicles with a MAP sensor, we added a new parameter for BP and an
auto calibration feature. :up:

DIN mount version coming soon!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts