Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some feedback on a killer setup for road racing. For my 92 DX.

:) Money is no object,

thanks,

Nikos

·
Registered
797 Posts
talk to vtecvoodoo on here or on HT. he works at eibach and put together a perfect setup for whatever you want.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I`d go custom Koni/GC all day long. This is how we setup most of the racecars and personal cars at Eibach. Or you can look at the Ground Control Advanced Design coilovers. Their stuff is bitchin`, too.

Ryan

·
Registered
33 Posts
if money is no object, either moton or jrz would be the only way to go. or custom fabricate some hardware to get some koni 2822's on your civic. either way you go, you're looking to spend at least $5000. the 2822's are about $1500 each, before you get into springs or hardware, just the bare shocks alone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
All out: Koni 28XX series, moton, penske...

1 step down: koni 30XX, GC Advance Design, maybe Ohlins PCV (don't know enough about those)

another step down: Koni race 8041 (re-valved for us...soon to be released, about $1k pricepoint = :) )

yet another step: Koni/GC

Notice that Koni appears in every division there...weird

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
vtecvoodoo said:
I`d go custom Koni/GC all day long. This is how we setup most of the racecars and personal cars at Eibach. Or you can look at the Ground Control Advanced Design coilovers. Their stuff is bitchin`, too.

Ryan
do they need to have your car to do this? or do you just give them specs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bilstin has a coilover setup, sold through Nuspeed (I think) and it is a mono tube design that works very well and priced reasonable. The adjustments are for compression only, but the rebound also changes when you change the compression.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how about a Nexx full coilover suspension 8 way adjustable with SPC performance full camber setup...guaranteed satisfaction with pricing, stiffness, and performance..

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Bushings, Struts/Springs, and sways. With the right alighnment and the right combo of parts this is all I can think of you needing...

I also run a Full-Race front crossmemebr with radius arms, so far I have had no bad experiences with this setup, and it has seen a little track time... :D

Particular parts I think are up to the discression of the buyer. It all depends on how much you are lookin to spend and what you want to do with the car after. You can pay $3000 for a set of Moton's or you can spend $600 on a set of Omni's. Depending on what you are doing with the car, and how much you know about cars, you may not even know the difference.

For the record I have never been in a car with Moton's, at least not that I know of...

·
Registered
1 Posts
IF your talking entire setup for suspension for road racing i would about suspension which i like Tein's Cuircut Master Super Racing full coilover suspension with EDFC "(Electronic Damping Force Controller) makes it possible for the driver to control the damping force by controlling a motor installed in the shock absorber while being seated in the driver's seat. Since the damping force can be manually controlled with ease to meet different situations, the driver can enjoy variations in the suspension setting". they are really good and if money is no object. I would also get camber kits and full bushings for all front parts, i would buy upper and lower strut bars, upgrade brakes, and a set of 16" rota's with some falken tires. and i think you will very happy with that setup

·
Registered
495 Posts
The above H&R's are a 'Buy Now' for $749 + 35 s/h and then you buy the damper set up, from Tein, for approx. 360.00. Which work with most applications.

The math figures about $1,145 total. Far less than a coilover from Tein AND the damper set up. Besides with the Tein coilovers I couldn't run the ITR 22m bar that I have connected to the rear sub (don't worry/beefed :p )

Hey, its just a idea. Not trying to sell anyone. We all build up individually. It's all good. :up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.