Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did not want to start a new thread,but, my posts just keep getting erased. I'm a newb to engine swaps and planning to get rid of my EP and buy an EG.
All I need is complete engine swap and Install kit to have my car ready for track/daily driving?
What kind of axles come in the kit? Rsx or Gsr?
Will I have to buy an aftermarket radiator?
Will I be able to have A/C?
Any more modifications needed?
Any trouble you guys run into?
About how much does the install cost? How much do you guys charge?
How competent do you need to be to do the install? I live in Alabama and most people around here don't even know what a K-series is.
I need to know every small bit of info needed to perform the swap. If everything goes as planned I will be doing it this summer.
Sorry for so many questions, but, I can't afford to fck up.
And I have searched around but could not get enough info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ZetaRacer said:
Ok, I did not want to start a new thread,but, my posts just keep getting erased. I'm a newb to engine swaps and planning to get rid of my EP and buy an EG.
All I need is complete engine swap and Install kit to have my car ready for track/daily driving?
What kind of axles come in the kit? Rsx or Gsr?
Will I have to buy an aftermarket radiator?
Will I be able to have A/C?
Any more modifications needed?
Any trouble you guys run into?
About how much does the install cost? How much do you guys charge?
How competent do you need to be to do the install? I live in Alabama and most people around here don't even know what a K-series is.
I need to know every small bit of info needed to perform the swap. If everything goes as planned I will be doing it this summer.
Sorry for so many questions, but, I can't afford to fck up.
And I have searched around but could not get enough info.
Wassup bro...

check this out
http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=159

Anything that is not covered let us know :)

:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Is there an immobilizer on the K20a?
2. The RSX shift linkage included in the engine swap, will this work?
3. Is the Pnp harness a replacement for the JDM wiring harness?
4. Will I have to buy another radiator or will the EG work?
5. Will the EG keys crank the engine?
6. Any estimates of how much the install will cost?
7. When can I expect the swap guide?

Thanks alot, Newb with tons of questions

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Few more questions
Basically all I need to know is:
I can buy the complete engine swap;
Engine (i suppose this includes I/M, Alt. and Dist.), Tranny, Ecu, Wiring Harness, Axles, Shift Linkage, and All sensors. Right?
The Install kit;
Custom header, Custom mount kit, SS fuel line, Fuel rail, Pnp Harness( which I will use instead of harness included in swap)and Axles (which have already been modified to fit) Right?
A gauge cluster from Type-R etc...
Modified shifter
A radiator(maybe from Gsr)
and that is all I will need to have the swap finished and the car running. Right? Did I leave anything out?
I'm in no hurry to get these questions answered. I'm just trying to figure up the costs.

Happy Easter!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Usually when you buy a full complete swap it would have everything you would need. You would really need to verify this with the company.

Also I don't know if you have ever purchased a jdm swap, but usually they just cut alot of stuff. They cut any cables, wires, lines axles etc.

Verify all is in working order.

As far as the kit is concerned to install:
Axles you have to send to k20eg as cores he will send you modded ones.
you will need a Fuel Pressure Riser.
Shifter is not modified you will use the stock one and you will lose your cupholders in an eg.
Radiator you may not be able to use the gsr but you can use the shorty. Im using one from a 95 Delsol DOHC dual core, has to be relocated.

Hope this helps. (as far as I know)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The swaps from zerolift are they complete?
In the FAQ section swap rated on scale 1-10 and scores 7, does this include ripping the other motor out.
I may attempt to do the swap myself. A newb that knows nothing about engine swaps, but I can put 2+2 together. What's the hardest part about the swap?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ZetaRacer said:
The swaps from zerolift are they complete?
In the FAQ section swap rated on scale 1-10 and scores 7, does this include ripping the other motor out.
I may attempt to do the swap myself. A newb that knows nothing about engine swaps, but I can put 2+2 together. What's the hardest part about the swap?
its all covered in the Faq
:)
http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=159

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I missing something? I am only getting one page of FAQ and all my questions are not covered on it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My fault, I thought axles were included in the install kit. How much would it cost to ship axles from or to Alabama 35405?

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
ZetaRacer said:
My fault, I thought axles were included in the install kit. How much would it cost to ship axles from or to Alabama 35405?
Ok, I will try to help you out...

If you want to do a k20a swap in an EG you will need:

a swap that contains, complete harness, axles, motor, tranny, ECU, linkage.

Then you will also need the K20EG kit which contains what was mentioned above... I really do not see the point you asking the cost of shipping the axles.... We are talking about a lot of money here... The $35-$50 you will spent on shipping is really not that important at this time :)

Yes, he can modify the JDM harness.

As far as you doing the swap, it requires some skill for sure...

The tranny mount on the EG will have to be completelly cut and another mount will need to be welded...

There are more things associated with the swap.

Basically if you are looking to have a DC5 ITR K20A installed in your EG, it can run you up to $8500-$9000 installed if they charge you $1500 to put it in and get it running. For a type-s k20a2 around $7000 I would guess installed as well...

Why not use the EK for the swap since you already have it?

What are your plans for the car?

THe JDM motor does not have the same immobilizer like the type-s does so it easier to get it fixed..... not that the type-s is a hassle...

let me know what else you need

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bad guys, I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole or anything. I just needed all the info. I have decided to go with an EG with a B18C5 whereas this fits more into my budget. You guys were alot of help and I will lead more people who are interested in performing a K swap to this site. Plus, I'm gonna keep checking in with you guys to see how far you've progressed.

Peace, Zeta.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I'm back. I have decided not to go with the C5. Just not enough torque and no telling how much mileage on the engine. Plus, it cost about the same as the Type-s engine. I will try my best to search for a K20A2 around here. I need clarity on very confused questions and answers.
In the install kit, is it $300 just to modify the axles?
In FAQ it says," GSR and RSX axles" is this the base model RSX? Are all of the RSX axles the same?
I have to tow the car w/ engine installed to Acura dealership to get immobilizer diabled?

I really am interested in doing this swap with the help of K20a.org of course.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
ZetaRacer said:
Okay, I'm back. I have decided not to go with the C5. Just not enough torque and no telling how much mileage on the engine. Plus, it cost about the same as the Type-s engine. I will try my best to search for a K20A2 around here. I need clarity on very confused questions and answers.
In the install kit, is it $300 just to modify the axles?
In FAQ it says," GSR and RSX axles" is this the base model RSX? Are all of the RSX axles the same?
I have to tow the car w/ engine installed to Acura dealership to get immobilizer diabled?

I really am interested in doing this swap with the help of K20a.org of course.
No you take the immbolizier off.
THE AXLES ARE THE SAME.
The B18C5 has enough torque.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1. Can a Honda dealership take the immobilizer off? The nearest Acura
dealership is about an hour away.
2. So I send K20EG Type S axles, he will modify them for $300. Correct?

And I would rather have the A2 engine rather than a C5 ,b/c I believe it is more dependable than a C5. It most likely will have less miles and this will be a daily driven vehicle. The C5 will be my next choice if this doesn't work out.
Nikos, my plans are; a custom exhaust, Cold air intake (probably custom as well), Tein Basic setup, and 03' Si rims
Later on;
Wheels, Toda Engine kit, Toda clutch kit, Type-R pistons, Type-R LSD,Type-R final drive
And maybe a hit of nitrous (if possible)
These are the main things.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ZetaRacer said:
1. Can a Honda dealership take the immobilizer off? The nearest Acura
dealership is about an hour away.
2. So I send K20EG Type S axles, he will modify them for $300. Correct?

And I would rather have the A2 engine rather than a C5 ,b/c I believe it is more dependable than a C5. It most likely will have less miles and this will be a daily driven vehicle. The C5 will be my next choice if this doesn't work out.
Nikos, my plans are; a custom exhaust, Cold air intake (probably custom as well), Tein Basic setup, and 03' Si rims
Later on;
Wheels, Toda Engine kit, Toda clutch kit, Type-R pistons, Type-R LSD,Type-R final drive
And maybe a hit of nitrous (if possible)
These are the main things.
Honda or acura do not have capability to remove the immobilizer from us spec ecu's

Yes..*axels* 300 and this includes the shipping to and from

IMO the k20a2 is far nicer engine. The Type S responds to bolt ons like no no other. Easily 200whp you can make with just I/H/E. The c5 is a great motor and still is but the bigger brothers are taking over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts