Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have Brembo blanks with HAWK pads on my EH2. They do better than stock but thats about it. If I were wanting to redo my brake setup should I:

1. Replace lines w/ ss brake lines, get new master cylinder, etc. (I've seen some people get one from an integra and put it in their civic)

2. Get something like Spoon calipers or a big brake setup?
- with that, are the Spoon calipers that big of a help or just a hype?
-and, is there a difference in stopping power between Spoon caliper and a big brake setup?

3. Replace rear drums w/ disc conversion

Are any of these options(or combination of) better than the other? Or is there something else that is done to greatly improve stopping power?

And I just found that brake system write up :up:, so that'll help a little.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good info :up: some of the info is contradicting to the others....which makes it a little harder to decide :silly:

I am not tracking this car. It will be a daily. From what I can remember (I haven't driven the car in a while, nor did I have many situations where I had to test the brakes) sudden stops from slow speeds werent as quick as what I wanted. I was just unhappy all around with the brakes IMO.

If I were to go with disc conversion, should I

upgrade all wheels? Or just the back?

ITR conversion or GSR? is there much difference? what years do i look for?

What components do I need with the setup? I know you can buy full conversions but just in case.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It could be that I wasnt pushing the brakes hard enough. Stopping wise, do you still recommend the civic mc. I was under the impression that the integra would provide better performance. Or did you simply just put that because it was a direct/easy fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.