Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please recommend a ktuner tuner who could help me get an in-ecu chip installed in a 2005 accord 2.4 ECU I supply to run a k24a2 swap into a 7th gen accord sedan.

I want to do it myself but don't want to screw up so I would like to hire a tuner who could work with me over a remote session on a computer hooked up to the car to get things dialed in after the swap.

Thanks all.

· Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
70 Posts
you will need to become a Ktuner end user first to be able to remote tune. You will need to pull the ECU and have it modified or order replacement ECU directly from Ktuner.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood thank you. I have found a ktuner dealer for the ECU install.

I am still looking to hire a tuner to work with me on a phone call and go-to meeting to get the car dialed in remotely.

I am an IT professional so I can make the remote access to a laptop plugged into my cars modded ECU easy. In fact, I should be able to drive on the highway using a cellphone hotspotting. Should give us a vey nice real world dyno to test with. Kinda looking forward to this part tbh.

· Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
70 Posts
Understood thank you. I have found a ktuner dealer for the ECU install.

I am still looking to hire a tuner to work with me on a phone call and go-to meeting to get the car dialed in remotely.

I am an IT professional so I can make the remote access to a laptop plugged into my cars modded ECU easy. In fact, I should be able to drive on the highway using a cellphone hotspotting. Should give us a very nice real-world dyno to test with. Kinda looking forward to this part tbh.
The Ktuner dealer likely is a tuner. You want one that has a real dyno. Start making some calls and asking around in your local racing community. A good tuner is hard to fine, a bad one not so much. Because of the way the install works you will want whoever is augmenting your ECU to be your tuner. Unless you are shelling out the big bucks to be an End User. Either way I would want a physical tuner in close proximity in the beginning. In my experience this tuning stuff is never “easy”.

· Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,384 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This is my first engine swap and I have a person here confirming I can be successful with ktuner. I'm not looking to invent my own process on my first swap.
If I can run this summer on the ktuner I'll consider it a success.

Even if I have to get a different ECU in the future as I mod the engine, just being able to run a high comp k24in my accord this season will be worth it.

And to clarify, it's an 03 accord with an analog throttle. The donor ECU is an 05

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I need the thing tuned after the swap, that's why I'm asking for references for tuners in this thread. Assuming right after the swap I'll have a starter tune that is close enough to drive 50 miles to a shop but isn't race ready. I'll need a tuner to dial her in.

If, next season, I add headers or a bigger throttle or rsx injectors and need to go to megasquirt or a different ECU controller that is not a concern. We are just looking at one season at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts