Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
IIRC, the single wire on the harness is just for engaging the clutch on the AC compressor. The AC relay and rest of the AC components will determine when to engage the clutch, based on the high pressure switch, low pressure switch, AC button pressed, etc.

So, find whatever wire engages the clutch on your AC compressor and call it good.

·
Registered
535 Posts
From the Xproductionz K20 swap guide:

For the wiring part. I so far have come across 3 different wire configurations. I noticed that it can come from any
particular vehicle and/or model. So bare with me on this
- First type of a/c wiring i have come across is the 1-wire which will clip right up to the stock a/c compressor. No
modifications necessary.
- Second type is a 3-wire connector. The color of the wires are
-blue/red
-green/yellow
-blue/white
For this setup you have to take the blue/white wire and connect it to the green/yellow wire. Then the last wire which
is the blue/red wire will go directly to the 1-wire compressor
-Last type is also a 3-wire connector. The color of the wires are
-blue/red
-red
-blue
For this etup you have to take the red wire and connect it to the blue wire. Then the last wire which is the blue/red
wire will go directly to the 1-wire compressor
Im sure there are probably other color types out there i dont know about but if you have a blue/red wire and the other
colors are different. Its safe to assume that the blue/red wire go to the compressor and the other 2 wires connect to
each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts