Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have just recently completed a stock K24 swap in my Ek4.

The car has seen the drag strip twice now and it seems to be having hooking up issue.

Some specs:
Stock Accord Euro Motor
Stock Euro Clutch
RBC manifold
TDM headers
3inch exhaust
A/c and P/s
SRI + blox filter
Kpro

Car made 144kw on a Dynodynamics (Australian Dyno)

Slicks size use 22x8x13 (10psi)

Launch RPM 5500rpm

60ft - 2.0's

Now with slicks im anticipating it should be hitting 1.8's. We have try these slicks on my mate Em1 K20 and it hooked up nicely. Getting consistent 1.8's 60ft

The Ek has hit a pb of [email protected] street trim. It weighs over 1180kg with driver.

What are some factors affecting the 60ft. Could it be the clutch?

Any input for launch techinique will be greatly appreicated :)

I want to hit high 12's with this set-up :silly:
________
MERCEDES-BENZ W210

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most of the U.S. tuners want know what 144kw equals to in horse power, & what 1180 kg = to in pounds. so here goes, did the 13's time come on slicks or steer tires ? Are your shocks adjustable up-down, that helped me by lowering I picked up 4 tens of a second. Make sure your slick are HOT when you do burn-outs, smoke usually tells you so. Do you have launch control and is you motor tunable for launch, saves time at the light.

Jay

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the U.S. tuners want know what 144kw equals to in horse power, & what 1180 kg = to in pounds. so here goes, did the 13's time come on slicks or steer tires ? Are your shocks adjustable up-down, that helped me by lowering I picked up 4 tens of a second. Make sure your slick are HOT when you do burn-outs, smoke usually tells you so. Do you have launch control and is you motor tunable for launch, saves time at the light.

Jay
144kw is roughly 194hp and 1180kg is 2596 lbs

The car has Buddy Club N+. What damper settings would you recommend?
The 13's were on the slicks

Yeh i give them a workout on the burnout. Trust me they smoke good.

Yes the Kpro lauch control is set @ 5500rpm.

Hope that helps
________
Medical Marijuana

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Sounds about what it should run.

My wife's car is simillar with yours.

95 eg 2300 lbs
k24a2 230 whp
24x9x15 slicks
13.0 @ 105
02-04 k20a2 transmission

What transmission are you running? That will make a big difference

My street car

00 Ek 2350 lbs
K24a1/K20a2 240 whp
12.5 @ 107
05-06 k20a2 transmission

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you plan on getting it to run harder , raise the back so you dont have as much weight transfer take as much weight of it out as you can .

I've never launched my car under 7500RPM's on slicks . I would launch atleast 6500+ and preload the car a little you should be good for a 12.9 or so

My 2000 Si Coupe went [email protected] with a stock A2 RBC

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Preloading does help. But I dont' see many people doing it. ???

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess im not that far off then... Yeh the aim is 12.9 next time out. Im happy with how the car drives. It has all the luxury for a normal daily driver.

So launch the slicks higher with what psi would you guys recommend?

The transmission is an 05 Type S transmission (no LSD).

Might try the preloading technique next time out... :up: if im not lazy ill set the car up properly :silly:
________
WEED

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If you plan on getting it to run harder , raise the back so you dont have as much weight transfer take as much weight of it out as you can .
Care to explain more as to why raising the back of the car up helps keep the front end down? Wouldnt this raise the center of gravity causing more weight transfer to the rear?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Most of the U.S. tuners want know what 144kw equals to in horse power, & what 1180 kg = to in pounds. so here goes, did the 13's time come on slicks or steer tires ? Are your shocks adjustable up-down, that helped me by lowering I picked up 4 tens of a second.
Jay
There is a jokester in every crowd, I got to do it on this thread...:cool:

I am guessing in US we use hp, which like he said is roughly 194hp, and in Australia they use cow power, thus the need for steer tires.

I know its korny guys, but I got a kick out of it, lol. Also, good luck learning to launch. I find the best technique for me is lots of seat time and trying new things, but I do many passes for each technique to fine tune it for driver error that came from the first few tries, that is unless it was way totally worse and obvious that it wont work.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Care to explain more as to why raising the back of the car up helps keep the front end down? Wouldnt this raise the center of gravity causing more weight transfer to the rear?
With properly valved coilovers it keeps the front end from unloading as much as the stiff high rear keeps the front from being able to rise as quickly and as far

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got a guy that for on the cheap would get those spring clamps, during races, he would put them on the front and close em up, he was cutting 1.90s consistantly with DRs on a Prelude H23. Before he switched to coilovers and slicks, he put those on and put the spacers on the rear to stiffen the rear springs, and cut into the 1.80s that event. Now with coilovers and slicks with 100shot he is cutting 1.60-1.62 consitantly.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

Went back to the drag strip last week and 60ft were gettin a little better. I've added a traction bar and raise the front end for the day.

I was hitting 1.83 60fts best run of [email protected] (launching @ 5800rpm)

blardy so close to the 12's....

:)
________
Cumshot Braces

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds about what it should run.

My wife's car is simillar with yours.

95 eg 2300 lbs
k24a2 230 whp
24x9x15 slicks
13.0 @ 105
02-04 k20a2 transmission

What transmission are you running? That will make a big difference

My street car

00 Ek 2350 lbs
K24a1/K20a2 240 whp
12.5 @ 107
05-06 k20a2 transmission
What did you launch at with your 00 EK? and what was your tire pressure?

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
if your running a 6spd, do burnout on 3rd gear, keep e brake up while doing a burnout and release e brake a little after the fronts start draging the rear..

stage up and preload the axles so you wont brake them and as green hits,

gas, drop clutch, drop e brake and enjoy the ride:up:

like they said, raise the rear

also btw, i wouldnt run a k especially with a 6pd on 22" slicks

go with 24.5s:up: like at 8psi

i cut 1.5 60ft but then im way lighter, omni drag suspension, and making alot of power, and more experienced

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I got a 1.8 60ft my first time out to the track. omni power drag rear, crap coilovers in front, traction bar... rev to 7500 on 24.5 @ 10psi.

My car bogged off the line so Im going raise it to like launch 8000rpm and try the 24.5 @ 8 psi like ^^ guy just said.

I did that without a proper burnout, my e-brake wudnt hold the car... need to change the pads. And my Kpro TPS was scaled to only 90%!!!!!!! I expect a 8.3 and lower next time out.

stock k20a2, 6 spd, 5.06 final drive.. 8.6 on the 1/8 in a db8 type r

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
if your running a 6spd, do burnout on 3rd gear, keep e brake up while doing a burnout and release e brake a little after the fronts start draging the rear..

Stage up and preload the axles so you wont brake them and as green hits,

gas, drop clutch, drop e brake and enjoy the ride:up:

Like they said, raise the rear

also btw, i wouldnt run a k especially with a 6pd on 22" slicks

go with 24.5s:up: Like at 8psi

i cut 1.5 60ft but then im way lighter, omni drag suspension, and making alot of power, and more experienced

what rpm u lauching at? U like those 3rd gear burnouts. I did one on one of my passes but i dont like the way it feels i feel like im abusing the tranny just a little too much. I like my second gear burnout. I pull a 1.66 60ft but trying to get it down to 1.59-1.60. I didnt have any two-step so i was launching holding the pedal steady at 6000. I know if i set the two-step at 6500-7000 i should lower the times. I set the slicks 7-8 psi. My car dont know the weight but its a hatchback wit all factory glass. I removed the heater core and no rear interior. I have a cage no rear panels, drivers door is cut but still has panel on it need to cut the passenger door.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
i got a 1.8 60ft my first time out to the track. Omni power drag rear, crap coilovers in front, traction bar... Rev to 7500 on 24.5 @ 10psi.

My car bogged off the line so im going raise it to like launch 8000rpm and try the 24.5 @ 8 psi like ^^ guy just said.

I did that without a proper burnout, my e-brake wudnt hold the car... Need to change the pads. And my kpro tps was scaled to only 90%!!!!!!! I expect a 8.3 and lower next time out.

Stock k20a2, 6 spd, 5.06 final drive.. 8.6 on the 1/8 in a db8 type r
how much power u making?

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
what rpm u lauching at? U like those 3rd gear burnouts. I did one on one of my passes but i dont like the way it feels i feel like im abusing the tranny just a little too much. I like my second gear burnout. I pull a 1.66 60ft but trying to get it down to 1.59-1.60. I didnt have any two-step so i was launching holding the pedal steady at 6000. I know if i set the two-step at 6500-7000 i should lower the times. I set the slicks 7-8 psi. My car dont know the weight but its a hatchback wit all factory glass. I removed the heater core and no rear interior. I have a cage no rear panels, drivers door is cut but still has panel on it need to cut the passenger door.
2step is at 6500rpm, my seems to like 3rd gear burnouts and i redline that hoe, lol. look at my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREEL2upwno
i cut 1.50 60ft. i want to get it to a 1.4 soon

slicks also at 8psi, car is light so i still get a little spin out the hole

1 - 20 of 35 Posts