Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mark, Wonderful progress on the K20 to Toyota RWD adapter! And our best wishes are with you during the rebuilding from the Christchurch disasters.

Dan in Northern California, Locost rwd, hoping for K20 power
Thanks alot mate...we are slowly rebuilding our city and my business.

·
FUCK IT
9,473 Posts
Do you have a dxf file of the j32 bellhousing bolt pattern? I might be able to adapt my pattern to suit and it will save you massive $.
I have to make the bell housing with the reverse starter location. J series utilize the starter on the bell housing unlike the K that is attached to the motor. I am also not using the same transmission. It will need to be drawn up completely different :(

What do you mean you laminated the wood. Is it some kind of sealer paste that you use with a brush?

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
how do you plan to get kpro to work with this tranny without useing the sensor from a honda tranny? very interested to know cuz iam doing something simuliar but with an auto trans.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have to make the bell housing with the reverse starter location. J series utilize the starter on the bell housing unlike the K that is attached to the motor. I am also not using the same transmission. It will need to be drawn up completely different :(

What do you mean you laminated the wood. Is it some kind of sealer paste that you use with a brush?
reverse starters really add the work to the pattern, that casting looks pretty thick ( but great work)
when you cast like that, you have to allow for shrink and machine work, not having the starter hiegth correct will cause the whole housing to be bad, I am greatly impressed with your ability to get that all correct in one casting!
I built a Subaru/Toyota adapter and I found it much more complicated then described in this thread, the amount of time selecting all the parts and locating everything in its proper place took a great deal of time and tediuos work and attention to detail
but I cant help but admire the quaility of work presented here

·
Registered
114 Posts
can i order one of these bellhousing for my k series to R154? please let me know thanks
Aloha mikealike... Been awhile since 3tcgarage... Im finishing up my rwd k to c4 auto... Santos turbo old trans from the sprinter... Would love to share notes if u get the chance... Thanks for sharing all ur knowledge and skills along the way...

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.