Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
So after enduring 2 earthquakes and having to fix my workshop twice I have finally made some progress.

I had the bellhousing pattern machined after I did the CAD drawing and afetr some minor adjustments I got it right.

Then off to the foundry to cast the 1st item. This took about 10 days and then I took it for the CnC machining at a mates place.

The final item looked great and fitted perfectly.

I then fit the motor into a frame and I was happy with the result.

I have some more work to do but in principle it will work and now I can concerntrate on building the car.

I have few other projects on the go as I am restoring 2 vintage race cars so progress will be a bit slow but I have to pay the bills first.

Here are some pictures.
View attachment 25546

·
Registered
33 Posts
RWD conversion for K20Z3

So after enduring 2 earthquakes and having to fix my workshop twice I have finally made some progress.

I had the bellhousing pattern machined after I did the CAD drawing and afetr some minor adjustments I got it right.

Then off to the foundry to cast the 1st item. This took about 10 days and then I took it for the CnC machining at a mates place.

I have some more work to do but in principle it will work and now I can concerntrate on building the car.

I have few other projects on the go as I am restoring 2 vintage race cars so progress will be a bit slow but I have to pay the bills first.

Here are some pictures. Illustration Art

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I almost bouht a vw with a k20 Guy got adapter from Kennedy eng.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Mark, Wonderful progress on the K20 to Toyota RWD adapter! And our best wishes are with you during the rebuilding from the Christchurch disasters.

Dan in Northern California, Locost rwd, hoping for K20 power

·
Registered
116 Posts
can i bother you to make a k24 to audi 016 tranny adapter :silly:

·
Registered
114 Posts
What are the W & T Toyota trannies out of? How do they hold up?
W series come out of mostly toyota 2wd pickups aka hilux
w-40
w-50
w-55
w-57
w-58
w-59

T series come out of mostly toyota corolla models
t-40 4spd
t-50 5spd

there are some readily available trans plates
that allow you to do a "W" or "T" to R-series trans as well.
R-154
R-151

·
FUCK IT
9,473 Posts
Re: RWD conversion for K20Z3

Here are some pictures. View attachment 25551
What material is this?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts