Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just finishing up getting a K20a2 mocked up in the crx and already started the E plug and instrument cluster wiring.The car will be run off of a stock type S ecu for now,as im trying to simplify the swap for customers.I was wondering what I would do about the immobilizer/key with the stock ecu.The engine wont start unless the ecu reads the right key,but do I absolutely have to get the key,or is there a way to bypass that system so every customer wont have to have them?If I have to use the key and immobilizer,Id have to use the rsx tumbler/switch..so how would I mount that?Any help would be appreciated,and If youre unsure about how it would work on the crx but know about the eg or ek,please let me know.Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same question too....I just got a K20 motor, it only come with ignition tumbler and ECU...I heard Hondata require both matching key, ignition, and ECU in order to reflash it :? I was wondering is there any other way around this problem

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
I'm just finishing up getting a K20a2 mocked up in the crx and already started the E plug and instrument cluster wiring.The car will be run off of a stock type S ecu for now,as im trying to simplify the swap for customers.I was wondering what I would do about the immobilizer/key with the stock ecu.The engine wont start unless the ecu reads the right key,but do I absolutely have to get the key,or is there a way to bypass that system so every customer wont have to have them?If I have to use the key and immobilizer,Id have to use the rsx tumbler/switch..so how would I mount that?Any help would be appreciated,and If youre unsure about how it would work on the crx but know about the eg or ek,please let me know.Thanks.

Let me see some pictures!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there no other way besides the Kpro?Ive heard of a few different ways that could in theory work but never tried them.Ill get some pics of the engine in as soon as I get a some gas for the mig to clean up the mounts.There welded with flux right now and are very strong but ugly because of the slag.Ill get them asap though.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
Is there no other way besides the Kpro?Ive heard of a few different ways that could in theory work but never tried them.Ill get some pics of the engine in as soon as I get a some gas for the mig to clean up the mounts.There welded with flux right now and are very strong but ugly because of the slag.Ill get them asap though.
there is another way. It is quite easy from what I heard but the few people that can do it, are not posting it because thieves can use it as well to disable the immobilizer. I knew a guy that has done it... If I get his email I will let you know. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xproductionz said:
okay.. do you also know how to rewire the wire harness for the k20 into an em2 without buying the wire harness kit from hasport?
I have done the wiring on this swap,but it took me some time to do it,so I'm a little reluctant to give out the diagrams.If you get the service manuals/etm's and have any questions or run into any problems when doing the wiring,you can contact me for help.

fastest_ex said:
i'm doin a k20a2 in my 2002 civic ex but this imobilers is killin me, and whats up xproductionz anybody please help
If using the type s ecu,you will need the paperwork for it,and will need to get it flashed to match your key/immob unit.
You can,however,use a JDM type r ecu which has an easier to bypass immob.,or get the type s ecu converted into K-pro,which gives you the ability to disable to immob. and is fully programmable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
gee. i want to put a k20 in my ek but i don't want to dish out $1,000+ for a hondata. i wanted to do a h22, but i have to locate a usdm 96 ecu to be obd2 compliant. i thought hondas were supposed to be fun.

if anyone can tell me a way to bypass the imobilizer so i do not need to spend so much money on hondata, i would soooooo greatly appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.