Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Hey k20a.org I just purchased a 96 ek with a k20a2 swap in it and I need to get it reg.(i live in ca.) so basically I need pointed in the direction on how to go about this. Any info, advice or people I should talk to would really help a brother out.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about reg. it in another state uis this possible and if so could please someone give me some info on what to do.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What about reg. it in another state uis this possible and if so could please someone give me some info on what to do.
sure you have to find a county that has no smog regulations, and then prove to that state that you live in that county.

Note- sometimes CA Highway patrol don't allow this, and or can catch you in it.

IF you have a CA drivers license then you should have re-registered your car in CA.

So that means that you also need to get a license from that other states county.

It is a lot work, and you can get caught. Nothing they can do but force you to register it in ca

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
First step is to turn on obd2 in your ecu and see if you are throwing any codes. Next is like h4racer said, you need all of the components from the rsx fuel system to make it work properly. One of them being the fuel tank pressure sensor which is in the gas tank.

Bottom line is if you want to be legal in CA, then you are in for quite a bit of work, but you really need to determine where you are currently at... meaning, does the car have a cat? does it have a secondary o2? did the person who swapped keep the evap? etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts