Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the k-swap and need a little help. basically i got the motor and trans. have not bought the mounts or anything. I am looking to do as much leg work as I am capable of. The axles I can handle, I dont know anyone who has done this swap to where i can look at what was done. Any1 that has done this swap, please give me deatils on the charge harness wiring. Also what harness do you use, im asuming the k harness ran through the firewall and tapped into the eg harness somewhere. Please breif me on the wiring. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For my swap i used:

hasport mounts
rywire conversion harness
rcrew header and exhaust
DSS 2.9 axles

had little to no problems with any. As for the charge harness we used the k20a one that came with the motor and bought our own wires from Lowes to extend it to the fuse box and battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You extended the charge harness to work with the eg chassis. What about engine harness? I assume you used the k harness and ran it through the firewall? What is the conversion harness you used for, to convert 0bd1 to obd2 or to connect the k harness up to the car? Pretty much all details would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts