Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an intake cam (described as brand new, never used) on here & it showed up here today & I have problems

problem # 1 the cams dowel is pushed about 1/8 of an inch INSIDE the cam. Its obvious to me it had happened to this exact cam before as there are scratches ALL over where the pin sits.

BIG problem #2 there is a hole on the outside of the cam on the side. Yes I know this hole is normally there (perfectly aligned with the bore of the hole of the dowel) Here is the problem - it appears someone took a drill & drilled this hole & they drilled it through the center of the cam. if I shine a light down the center - light clearly comes out this hole. it is also obvious there are drill bit scratches around the hole & also VERY obvious excess material was spun upward out of the hole leaving a lil ant hill

this hole going thru to the very center of the cam will cause a loss of oil pressure NEEDED for VTC to work correct? EDIT probably not

here is a sketch I did - real pics 1st thing tomorrow

red is the pushed in dowel & the dark blue is the hole that was further drilled thru to the center of the cam

I hope the seller (on here refunds my money in full)

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian Crower stg3

I am wrong about loosing VTC b/c the gear sits on the opposite end & the center of the cam is plugged about 2" down from the side mentioned but I am still right about someone drilling a hole thru to the center

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i dont even get why people do those sort of things and fail to mention it when they attempt to sell...Its pathetic

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the sellers defense MAYBE the pin was in the proper location before it was shipped. when I opened the box there was no packing between the side of the cam with the pin & the side of the box (the cam was in a plastic like bag)

after closer examination it appears the hole that was drilled was drilled at an angle to allow someone to try to push the pin back out. as it IS obvious the pin was pushed in atleast once before I rec'd it. needless to say I hope the seller will allow me to send this back for a refund... I would even settle for 10-15 less just b/c I am nice guy.

that dowel pin is pushed way in tho :eek:

I will still take pics... & I am POSSIBLY open to advice as to how to get that F'n pin out

·
Registered
366 Posts
i dont even get why people do those sort of things and fail to mention it when they attempt to sell...Its pathetic
First of all what was there to mention if its BRAND NEW........i have sold cams before and everything i sell i put if there is any defects on them so ppl dont think they are getting scammed or anything...I shipped the cams off yesterday thru fedex which they properly made shore it was packed right before the box was closed....i got a PM from 6spd_ek saying that there is a problem he says that the dowel is pushed in on the cam due to in proper packaging...i told him i dont see how that is possible because I shipped cams not to long ago and they were used and not packed as good as his and they are fine....so since the dowel is in the cam is no good.....i asked him to take pics and let me see wuts going ..he PMs me back and said the dowel is ok and can be used still but the there is a hole in the cam that will make his lose oil pressure and he wont be able to use vtc...i said how did you come up he said he knows what he is talking about he is 34 and he has done a few kswaps i said ok but still send a picture...he says i will send the picture in the am but in the meanwhile send him his money now....i never did business like this before that you just people money back without seeing pics or recieving the item back....now he comes on here and said he made a mistake about the vtc....like come on man....

·
Registered
366 Posts
in the sellers defense MAYBE the pin was in the proper location before it was shipped. when I opened the box there was no packing between the side of the cam with the pin & the side of the box (the cam was in a plastic like bag)

after closer examination it appears the hole that was drilled was drilled at an angle to allow someone to try to push the pin back out. as it IS obvious the pin was pushed in atleast once before I rec'd it. needless to say I hope the seller will allow me to send this back for a refund... I would even settle for 10-15 less just b/c I am nice guy.

that dowel pin is pushed way in tho :eek:

I will still take pics... & I am POSSIBLY open to advice as to how to get that F'n pin out
I said ok since im a nice guy i would do it for that price now that you got the cams your saying different stuff is wrong with saying i didnt package it right and the dowel got pushed in from the shipping then followed by PMs saying it was misinformation vtc can be used and the dowel can be fix now your demanding money from me right now from me without providing pictures and the item...you just wanna return it because your friend or somebody probably told you that you wasted your money buying something you dont need especially since you lost your job

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the record I was upset that the dowel was pushed in - ESPECIALLY when I asked before the package was shipped special care be taken to insure that does not happen

I never then recanted saying the dowel was fine. what I did say is it can be fixed (but not at my expense). The dowel is NOT even flush with the side of the cam its about 1/8" inside of it. THEN after that PM I took a flashlight to the cam & notice the hole that was drilled at an angle thru to the center of the cam. It is OBVIOUS the dowel has been pushed inside this cam BEFORE - which frustrated me - being I was not aware of this, then the cam shows up with the dowel pin pushed in

I thought this would affect oil pressure - but it most likely doesn't b/c of as plug thast sits about 2" down the center of the cam the fact is someone messed with this "brand new cam" & I am not going to fix their work. for the record you will notice I edited what I said about it affecting vtc. You will see in the pics I post tomorrow the quality of the drill work done & excess material being pushed up on the rotational surface of the cam

pics will be up at 8:00am when I get to work to use a camera.

MOST IMPORTANTLY for the record Ian is being a stand up guy & will refund my money once he sees the pictures & recieves the cam back - I APOLOGIZE for coming across as a ASS asking for an immediate refund - realizing now I have to take the proper courses of action in order to get my money back

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope your not trying to do what i think your trying to do because before you purchase these cams from me you told me you lost your job and all you have is $150 to send I said ok since im a nice guy i would do it for that price now that you got the cams your saying different stuff is wrong with saying i didnt package it right and the dowel got pushed in from the shipping then followed by PMs saying it was misinformation vtc can be used and the dowel can be fix now your demanding money from me right now from me without providing pictures and the item...you just wanna return it because your friend or somebody probably told you that you wasted your money buying something you dont need especially since you lost your job
Ian - please read my post above. if you want to ship me a perfectly new BC stg3 cam that has not been drilled & doesnt have the pin pushed in I would gladly ACCEPT IT as a replacement. dont you dare accuse me like you are doing above. that last post 100% completely OUT OF LINE I am the one who rec'd a cam with dowel pushed in that someone at some point in time took it on themselves to take a drill to to try to fix.

so just send me a new cam & I mean new - never mess'd with (after of course you get this back) sound better

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought BC stage 3 from ian. They came shipped on time and went in my car perfectly.

They were very mint as well

ianz ep:up:

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought BC stage 3 from ian. They came shipped on time and went in my car perfectly.

They were very mint as well

ianz ep:up:

thats good for you but back to ian calling me a scammer.... did anyone bother to notice I never mentioned his name, nor did I call him a scammer. also I said he was willing to work this out before he comes on here & publically posts he thinks I am trying to scam him to get my money back

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ian - please read my post above. if you want to ship me a perfectly new BC stg3 cam that has not been drilled & doesnt have the pin pushed in I would gladly ACCEPT IT as a replacement. dont you dare accuse me like you are doing above. that last post 100% completely OUT OF LINE I am the one who rec'd a cam with dowel pushed in that someone at some point in time took it on themselves to take a drill to to try to fix.

so just send me a new cam & I mean new - never mess'd with (after of course you get this back) sound better
its not out of line....its the truth i never had any problems shipping cams before till this incident ....and it upsets me to see just because you have no use for the cam your saying its defective camshaft...what does an unused brand new camshaft have to be drilled?????? and how can you not say i didnt pack it correctly enough that the dowel got pushed in....

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
thats good for you but back to ian calling me a scammer.... did anyone bother to notice I never mentioned his name, nor did I call him a scammer. also I said he was willing to work this out before he comes on here & publically posts he thinks I am trying to scam him to get my money back
sold cams which he knew had been drilled = scammer

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe he didn't notice = no scammer

willing to refund or replace the cam = no scammer

posts like that are ruining the point I am trying to make.... arrrrrg :dance:

I just want the post where he is accusing me of trying to scam him removed - b/c that was uncalled for

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
maybe he didn't notice = no scammer

willing to refund or replace the cam = no scammer

posts like that are ruining the point I am trying to make.... arrrrrg :dance:

I just want the post where he is accusing me of trying to scam him removed - b/c that was uncalled for
I dont disagree, but as it stands right now somethings fishy....

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its not out of line....its the truth i never had any problems shipping cams before till this incident ....and it upsets me to see just because you have no use for the cam your saying its defective camshaft...what does an unused brand new camshaft have to be drilled?????? and how can you not say i didnt pack it correctly enough that the dowel got pushed in....

its not the truth if you offer to replace the cam ian. I am saying I don't want to deal with a cam with the dowel pushed all the way in. that someone (not necessarily you took a drill to)

it may be different if you mentioned someone took a drill to this to try to get the pin out & THEN I bought it. & sorry but if you sent the cam with the dowel NOT pushed in & now it is - maybe its not the packing but fedex. in the same sense - its OBVIOUS to me the dowel was pushed in once before you shipped it. I will post the pics tomorrow to show this

if you want to send me a new cam fine but dont accuse me of trying to scam my money back

·
Registered
366 Posts
they werent drilled you moron..........stop instigating go kick rocks........i have sold used many used parts that ppl never complained about and the cam i sold 6spd_ek was BRAND NEW 20x cleaner and packed better then the one i sold slogsr and he couldnt have been happier.....wtf would be the purpose to drill in a brand new cam......when the only time i ever took out the wrapper was to take that pic.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts