Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a AUDM spec CL9 with the obvious k24a3 engine. I'm about to purchase a k20a2 bare head from a ep3R.
I know its probably been discussed before but I still can't understand what has to be done. People say the head will bolt straight on but I want to hear it from someone with experience.
If any of you have an idea about it please post it up or PM me, any information will be useful! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
it will bolt up, k24a3 is same as our k24a2 tsx motors over here

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
k20a2. nothing wrong with the z3 head but imo if they are both =price ima choose the k20a2 head. dont quote me but iirc the z3 coolant passages do not allow for as much porting. also the prb k20a2 is the best flowing head from factory, user Drag posted a flow chart comparing the flow on all oem heads

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh sweet. I don't think I'm going to mod it anyway and do porting and such. Problem is I'm stuck between a z3 head that has been 'machine shop certified' whatever that means, and a a2 head. The a2 head is from a ep3r but hasnt been polished or anything.
Would I need any other mods while I'm at it or just bolt it straight on?

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
you have old news, best flowing from the factory is K20z4 aka RSP or FD2 head !
How often are these available? Gotta look at that too.

But the difference is minimal correct? It's not actually a BIG noticeable increase? I could be wrong. What comes 2nd to it?
The PRB/RBC head is more attainable, just look for those. The differences aren't like :wow: in stock form. In stock form, it's more the cams you use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts