Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a old vw beetle that I can drive on the street, autocross, and drag race, and I put a K20Z3 with tranny mid engine and will be putting a turbo on it. I bought a whole 2008 civic si and took out all the wiring and everything to put into the beetle. Bought flashpro cause I wanted to use as much as the honda components as possible. Steering column installed already, tach and speedo will be all installed into the beetle dash. Now it gets fun. Im at the wiring stage. What components can I eliminate and still have the computer happy to run Flashpro? I'm too far into this now to just scrap it so would like to make it work. I have everything from the civic. Sensors and things I don't need are airbags, stereo, door locks, seat belts, electric steering, ABS, cruise control, A/C, and a whole bunch more that I probably have forgotten about. So PLEASE help with any advice or suggestions. Yes I know I should have just bought AEM and a race car harness for this, but at this point that wont happen,

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Think the flash pro is only concerned with engine management and all the missing s>£^ would just be lights on your dash. If your using all the civic wiring and flash pro computer I don’t see why it wouldn’t run just like a Honda with a bad clock spring and a bunch of other broken ish

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a old vw beetle that I can drive on the street, autocross, and drag race, and I put a K20Z3 with tranny mid engine and will be putting a turbo on it. I bought a whole 2008 civic si and took out all the wiring and everything to put into the beetle. Bought flashpro cause I wanted to use as much as the honda components as possible. Steering column installed already, tach and speedo will be all installed into the beetle dash. Now it gets fun. Im at the wiring stage. What components can I eliminate and still have the computer happy to run Flashpro? I'm too far into this now to just scrap it so would like to make it work. I have everything from the civic. Sensors and things I don't need are airbags, stereo, door locks, seat belts, electric steering, ABS, cruise control, A/C, and a whole bunch more that I probably have forgotten about. So PLEASE help with any advice or suggestions. Yes I know I should have just bought AEM and a race car harness for this, but at this point that wont happen,
For what little it's worth I have a cl7r engine and running gear and full wiring swapped into an ef civic. I've left out the eps, srs, abs (for now) and most of the interior functions and it still performs fine. I just have warning lights on the dash. The only concern you might have is stability control being disabled MAY limit throttle opening but I doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts