Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is there a better builder? it seems like there is a caveat to the various builders i find out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know my current k24z3 head isnt ideal but this is starting to be cumbersome to achieve the result. Keeping the motor head combo is looking more appealing everyday. Would doing say just itb, injectors, and tune be a better solution? Currently i have the kmiata intale manifold so it likely would improve from that but i dont know how well itb would do

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is probably the article he was reading:

312whp @ ~8000 rpm (Church's whp) on 91 octane

My vote is build it with what you've got and have fun with it. Use the manifold and forget the ITBs. If you still feel it's not enough, for the budget required to get to 300 at the wheels, build a second motor. A new block is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the pistons, rods, sleeves, machine work, port work, cams, valve train etc. etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is probably the article he was reading:

312whp @ ~8000 rpm (Church's whp) on 91 octane

My vote is build it with what you've got and have fun with it. Use the manifold and forget the ITBs. If you still feel it's not enough, for the budget required to get to 300 at the wheels, build a second motor. A new block is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the pistons, rods, sleeves, machine work, port work, cams, valve train etc. etc.
312whp with cr 11.5 and 91oct???
They barely reach 300whp with 12.5 and dc4 91oct

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have looked at refurbished heads k20z3 is this a bad idea or have several done this and they are fine? I thought maybe refurb k20z3 head, get some cams and the items needed for cams. Run it and live with the numbers?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts