Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup fellow "special K" fans. i have been to this forum many times but has never posted up a thread. my friend shawn hillier told me about the site after bombarding him so much w/ ?'s about building a "k" series.

Niko's big ups on a very productive site. ranked head and shoulders above the other sites i've been to.

any how heres my ?. i recently sold my b-series to go for the k-series (hense my username), i was planning on going all k20a2 but then i was lured into the k24-k20a2 setup. i've been trying to figure out wat mods i would have to do and how much i would be looking at. as far as the block goes, i've read that i would be mixing and matching parts w/ the k20a2 such as, the oil pan and stuff, the pulley and ecu. i also read that the rods might have to go as well.

i''m planning on building an all motor daily driver and would like to know wat you guys recommend. i am also planning on changing the pistons for higher comp. and also the rods for stronger lighter ones 2. my plans are building a strong block and then going w/ a k20a2 head w/ the IPC-K2 cams. so yeah, sorry for the essay guys i'm just too into this next project man. so pretty much recommendations on building a solid k24 vtec block w/ pricing.

thanks,
"J"

·
Registered
593 Posts
No worries, typos happen.

We just slapped together a K24 CRV bottom end that fits the description using forged shelf rods and pistons. The only available CR was 11:1 as we didn't want to wait 3 weeks. If CP finishes their SC7147X 12.5:1 soon, there may be a chance that we'll use those instead. Otherwise, we'll have dynos coming to help with your decision.

Thanks for your consideration!

-Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx ron. I'm still debating again on either all k20a2 or k24a w/ k20a2. Oh by the way it will be going into a 98 civic hatchback. I really want 2 build a solid all motor daily driver. Some of my friends were advising that I just stick 2 the type s becuz of less hassle. After doing the math it seems like the best way 2 go 4 me. Do you guys have any recommendations as far as k20a2 mods I would need 2 run about a mid 12's daily driven. Oh and ron, 1 more thing, will ur IPS-K2 cams fall right into the stock type s valve train or would I have 2 upgrade? All and any advices would be gladly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.