Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright before you all jump on me, Cause i know there is someone whos going to say it.. Ive search, Fule cut off, Speed limiter, Govener, Rev limit, look up every word i could think of in using the search tool... anyways so here i goes.

I resently Put A K20A *DC5R* in my 01 Civic. Infact i just got it back to day, and have been noting all the problems that need to be fixed. Mostly small things.. But i was wondering about sometihng. Today as i was leaving A WRX in the dust, my car suddenly lost power at 115 mph then it dropped to 110 and started picking up again, and once again it killed its self at 115. So im figuring this is the govener? or the fuel cut off point on speed.. Is there a way to by pass this? Any help would be appricated. Remember its a TYPE R not TYPE S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
You have the JDM ECU which has a speed limiter build in. You'll need a K-Pro to disable it. Or buy a US ECU (if you do this you'll need to buy the VTEC oil pressure sensor or disable with a resistor or get a K-Pro).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iwilson said:
You have the JDM ECU which has a speed limiter build in. You'll need a K-Pro to disable it. Or buy a US ECU (if you do this you'll need to buy the VTEC oil pressure sensor or disable with a resistor or get a K-Pro).
Disable it with a resistor? How do i do that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
TransformedBG said:
Disable it with a resistor? How do i do that?
Use a 1k ohm resistor, splice one end into vtec oil pressure wire at the ecu harness and the other end to a ground at the ecu harness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fearless_dsm said:
Use a 1k ohm resistor, splice one end into vtec oil pressure wire at the ecu harness and the other end to a ground at the ecu harness.
That on the american ECU or the Type R? or will it work for both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Nope, but no doubt it's controlled by the software.

Here's a shot of the resistor I soldered onto the board. In your case getting a K-Pro is probably the cheapest option.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
It's worth it...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top