Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car back in 2002 for $250, it did not run, so I swapped a single vtec (z6) went obd1, and drove it daily until it threw a rod a couple years later. parked it until I had a garage, and then began the restoration. I fell in love with ef's the first time I drove it. hope you enjoy, feel free to give honest opinions.

-Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Everything you see in green is just a primer to keep the rust down to a minimum while I work on other areas. There is NO FILLER under anything green just bare metal. When the metalworking is done, the car will get media blasted, sealed, filler etc...

this will be a slow build, my wife is due in november. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like its coming along nicely Check out my build page

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
i have a feeling this is gonna be a pretty serious build.. good luck:up:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
made a waterproof chaseway for headlight wiring.. used 1/2" sealtite, but I'm thinking about using 1/2" carlon instead. I'm an electrician so I get this stuff for practically free. started working on the brakes a little too, still waiting for my summit order to get here :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I take it you did that pedal converison? Im interested.
yep I converted the oem pedal assembly to hydraulic, using a master cyl I had from a 94 integra. A small dent had to be made in the under-dash area, along with a hole for the tubing to chase through the firewall by means of AN bulkhead.

As for the geometry of the MC's piston, I can say that it's damn near perfect, I spent awhile getting the proper alignment so I wouldn't have any problems later with the MC wearing out.

The piece is a solid unit, no flex. I haven't got to test it out on the street yet, but the pedal travel was shortened A LOT. Let me know if I you had anymore questions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yep I converted the oem pedal assembly to hydraulic, using a master cyl I had from a 94 integra. A small dent had to be made in the under-dash area, along with a hole for the tubing to chase through the firewall by means of AN bulkhead.

As for the geometry of the MC's piston, I can say that it's damn near perfect, I spent awhile getting the proper alignment so I wouldn't have any problems later with the MC wearing out.

The piece is a solid unit, no flex. I haven't got to test it out on the street yet, but the pedal travel was shortened A LOT. Let me know if I you had anymore questions.
could you post up a pic of it? im thinking about doing the full hydro also and want to see what you've done. no worries if ya cant bro. nice build btw! keep it up

1 - 20 of 76 Posts