Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

My name is Tim, I live in milford,ct and yes my spell and grammer sucks so im sorry in advance. Im a ex-domestic/Mustang owner.. Owned a few mustangs and never thought i own a Import untill aug 1 when i bought a 2005 Honda Civic Si. I just turned 18 thought what be more adult then putting myself in debt,lol

Ive owned a 2000 mustang.. my last car was a 1988 Mustang LX 5.0. I just can't deal with gas prices and what not and typical stuff ford issues. even with the new 00 mustang which i lost in the New England weather i would hear noises and what not. I do bodywork for a living(Zee Collision Center).. I do mostly Body/frame work atm.. and getting into doing more painting and what not. So anyone have any questions about PPG,ICI,TransStar,Dupont and Omni. I can help ya out much i can i also have acess to a computer chip database for people looking up color for cars..

Right now im kind in a bind, I would love to mod the civic after this comming winter, but i can't do anything what so ever expect tint the windows.. or atlest thats what they say :D . Im here to look an expand and learn more about my car and what it can do overall and maybe become a k20 guru :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Honda Dealership that i bought the car from said i cound't do anything to the car. I told them i understand if i put a CAI on the car sucks up water and my car seizes up im not expecting a new engine.. but i was also like i don't see why if i put a CAI on and my tranny drops to the floor it voids it warrenty u know?

·
Registered
792 Posts
You now own a Honda. While it is not perfect, and does have some flaws, you can feel comfortable doing some minor mods without worrying about some unrelated problem cropping up. So go ahead and put a CAI, Header and Exhaust on it. If you have a problem with it you will be the 1 in 1000 that has a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
welcome, hondas respond well to modding. The warrenty issue is a line most of us have crossed, and still holding the honda down. Most of their warrenties only last for 36K, so it will hold. I was thinking what Honda would say if I brought my 02 Civic Si to the dealership and hooked it up to their machines. " What and Acura TSX motor, what kind of game are you playing on us?" And I still have 42K left on my warrenty? HA, ha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.