Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to the site and new to honda so thought id start a project thread as im getting a lot of my parts from the us.

ive recently sold my zetec s which i carried out an engine conversion on but always loved eg civics so here i am now.

plans:

k20 engine stock running hondata for now until i can afford itb's
stripped with type r seat harness and custom cage
full respray gun metal grey with red rota gt3's
5 lug conversion
all suspension parts
more to list but quick spec

my civic 95 lsi

after seeing peoples projects and videos ive chosen to do a k20 engine conversion and the fact i got offered a engine at a good price. i have started but not done a great deal yet.

stripped out for respray

and the engine

i will keep posted as m waiting for parts from us

·
Registered
3 Posts
alright dude, im a uk new boy here aswell. looks like a decent start for a project. im planning on starting mine after xmas. ive got a deposit down on a 5000mile k20z4 engine and gearbox out of a new fn2 civic. i got it for a bargain of £700!!
ill be watching this build, maybe help eachother out. have you heard/read much about using the k20z4 ive got, not sure whats required as its fly by wire and different mounting points on the gearbox to the body

·
Registered
151 Posts
hey guys,

I'm from the uk too - lancashire. I have an 94 EG and will hopefully be doing a K20A swap early next year and my friend chris is doing a k20A2 JRSC swap into a dc2.

Looking forward to seeing this build, good luck. Where u from?

greeny - from what I have researched I've heard the the K20z4 is a pain to swap. Different throttle body, harness, ecu, speed sensor, incompatible shifter box, etc. You can get it to work but at what cost - might cost you more than a full k20a2 in the end. Maybe do some reasearch on the cost of the parts and extra work you will need to do. Good luck also.

Keep us posted :up:

·
Registered
3 Posts
well from what ive found out so far a conversion plate onto the inlet will make it take a cable from an ep3 and also ep3 wiring harness and ecu allow you to run a plug and play wiring kit. ive also been told an ep3 g/box will bolt straight on allowing you to use the usual shifter box's and cables etc.
how true all this is im not sure yet??

·
Registered
151 Posts
well from what ive found out so far a conversion plate onto the inlet will make it take a cable from an ep3 and also ep3 wiring harness and ecu allow you to run a plug and play wiring kit. ive also been told an ep3 g/box will bolt straight on allowing you to use the usual shifter box's and cables etc.
how true all this is im not sure yet??
I think those are pretty much the things you will have to do but £700 for the k20z4 without a gearbox isn't really that cheap. You should be able to pick up a full k20a2 inc. gearbox, charge/wire harnesses and ecu for around £1200 or even less depending on mileage. A gearbox alone will cost you up to £500 then you need the other parts.

I think you will need an entire throttle body and some sensors too as the z4 runs a MAF sensor and not MAP (needed for kpro). I'm not 100% certain on this though - it may be possible to convert the z4 tb. It would probably be better to switch the intake manifold if you end up swapping the throttle body. You would also be better off with a dc5 wire harness as the ep3 harness isn't plug and play with the american made conversion harnesses due to differences in wideband o2 sensor wiring. DC5 harnesses crop up on ebay for about £60.

Let us know how you get on :up:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ah rite, when you mentioned bolting on an ep3 box I assumed you needed one too, my mistake. I think theres a thread on here showing how to convert an 06 box to use the regular shift linkage, prob worth a read.

Anyway I will stop jacking this thread now...

DJY3 - any more progress?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hello people i havent done a great deal waiting for parts from us so i can start fitting and get respray. id make you cry if i told u how much i got my parts for............. 800 for everything in engine bay all arms breaks and seats :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
hello people i havent done a great deal waiting for parts from us so i can start fitting and get respray. id make you cry if i told u how much i got my parts for............. 800 for everything in engine bay all arms breaks and seats :)
Hej - where did you get a K20 inclusive gearbox for 800 pounds?:confused:

regards
Peter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts