Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Still no updates yet ... :(

I'd like to keep this thread alive but I'm working so much these days and everything I ordered is b/o or shipping next week.

I have some nice parts coming :) I'll post pics as soon as I get them!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Finally! I received my Hybrid-Racing 3.5 CAI! :D

:like:
Please put up your opinions after install. This is what I plan on getting to replace my gen 1 AEM. There seem to be some mixed reviews over at 8th, but I try and take what I read with a grain of salt. This IS the internet after all...

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The only "bad" side I can see to this is that you have to replace the upper radiator hose. Other than that ...

My install will be very easy as my engine bay is all disassembled. Looks like I dropped some dynamite in there :p

On a side note, I am currently building a k20/k24 for a friend for his 8thgen. Shooting for 300whp n/a. Makes me want to build one for myself now .. >.<

·
Registered
660 Posts
You have to replace the hose with the AEM kit also, I have the Gen2 I believe. It's annoying but can be done fairly easily without losing much coolant.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I should receive a new box this week :)

Also, I need to send my RBC to the machine shop to get it port-matched for my new TB.

I can't wait to have my car back ... It's a mess right now. No shifter, shifter cables, intake, throttle, cai, battery, torque mounts... And I need to drop the transmission to rebuild it. I will install my synchrotech carbon synchros and a new 2nd and 3rd gear sets. I will add an Exedy Stage1 while in there!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I've been busy a lot building a friend's k24 and now I have another one to do. Takes all my free time on week-ends so I can't work on my car :(

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
News News News!

Update! Look what I got last night!

Shinny box!!!

What's inside?

I'm so happy! :D My first set of coilovers .. EVER! :nod: :new_slayer: :scared:

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I will! I thought nobody was interested in my build tnread anymore! Haha.

I'm getting my rbc back from machineshop tomorrow. Got it opened to 72mm to match my p2r tb gasket. I still need to order an intake manifold gasket before I install the rbc.

I have so many parts to install and no time!! :(

·
Registered
660 Posts
Still paying attention. Is or did hybrid send you the updated bypass for the intake? I'm going to bore out my rrc to 70-71 when I decide to take her off the road for the swap.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I believe there was an issue with the bypass collapsing from the ring clamps so they made new ones a bit sturdier and are also including a mount to support the weight of the filter. Russ goes into detail about it on 8th. A link to the thread here

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was on the second batch for the hybrid cold air and the updated bypass with bracket will be sent late May free of charge. Hybrid Racing will still have your shipped address so you don't need to do anything..

And the problems with the bypass was that it was getting deformed by the weight of the intake. They are or have been working on a updated bypass that is thicker and a bracket that will mount onto the chassis just like any other cold air intake.

nice build so far!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thank you JuicyJoint316.

So, this morning something came up in my mind. I forgot to buy a thermal gasket for my intake manifold. So I won't be able to install it sunday :(

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Installed my coilovers and read camber kits last week.

Gonna try to do install my intake, throttle and cai this week-end.

Now I'm thinking about new wheels ... =/

21 - 40 of 85 Posts