Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! This is my first build thread ever and I suck at taking pictures but I will try my best!

I bought the car in July 2010. I had to wait 2 weeks to get it!!!

When I bought it, I was telling everyone I wouldn't mod this one because of all the bad things that happend with my EG. Well, it lasted for 1 month. My first mod to the car was an Injen CAI. I loved the sound when vtec engaged!! Then, 2 months later it was time for winter storage. Over winter, I ordered a Skunk2 MegaPower header, Full-Race 3-inch exhaust and a FlashPro. The change to the car was amazing! I tuned it myself on the street and made it drive like I wanted it to. Later during summer 2011, I ordered some Eibach Pro-Kit to give a better look to the car and TWM shifter bushings. That was enough for 2011.

For summer 2012, I added RDX injectors because I did not like my 86% duty cycle @ WOT. I also installed a Hybrid-Racing fuel w/ gauge rail because it's beautiful and a Hybrid-Racing EM1 CMC Kit. Almost forgot about my Corsport C-pillar brace! That was it for 2012.

Pictures of the car as it is right now! Everyone likes pictures!

My plans for 2013! (YEAH MORE PICS)

SPC Front Camber Bolts

SPC Rear Camber Kit

Hybrid-Racing Tucked Fuel Line

Synchrotech Carbon Synchros

RedLine MTL

Progress Rear Sway Bar

CTR Key Cover

I had a problem with my Hybrid-Racing Fuel Pressure Gauge. It was leaking a did a mess on my fuel rail and my intake!

Then I contacted Hybrid-Racing and they sent me a new gauge pretty fast! Their customer service is amazing!

Now! What's still not here?!?!?!?!?!

Hybrid-Racing 3.5-inch Cold Air Intake
Hybrid-Racing Shifter Cables
Hybrid-Racing Fully Adjustable Shifter

I want to change my Pro-Kit for a Sportline.

Also, I'm still on the OEM tires. Michelin Pilot MXM4 ... Shitty tires!

I want to try these: Dunlop Direzza Z2

I hope you guys like it! All comments are welcome even "bad" ones as long as they are not talkshit!

:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looking Sharp!

I have no experience with the Dunlops but ran Falken Azenis back when I used to track miatas and the difference between them and the Michelin Harmony's I ran for DD was amazing as far as grip is concerned. Don't expect any tread life though! and be cautious of hydroplaning if you do a lot of rain driving. FWD understeer sucks!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I should install stainless steel brake lines. I want to take my calipers off and paint them before they start to rust. Maybe add HPS pads too.

I have a J35 tb on it's way from AFH. Thank Ryan!

For the tires, I know they won't last long, but I use this car only 3-4k miles a year maximum. I have a daily drive car for work and groceries. I'm sure they would last 2 summer!

I'll post pictures as I get my parts!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had plans for a 2.4 but sometimes life hits you like a mack truck. I had to part out almost everything. I still have an extra k20z3 block that I bought for the head.

I just got a job offering, on saturday morning, which should help me a lot to give more love to my car :)

I'm thinking about Hasport motor mounts. Not only the rear mount, but the complete kit. 62A should be enough. I don't want huge rattle like I have right now with my Boomba mounts!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been thinking about a 5.062 final drive. While I will have the transmission in my hands to install the carbon synchros.

That should help the little k20 move the big fat bitch a bit faster.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's on my wish list as well. After I have my 2.4 project done, that will likely be the next purchase. I think my AEM intake may choke the 2.4 a bit, but I already have it, so I'm going to try it out first.
I sold my Injen in less than 30min after I put it for sale lolll :shades:

I'm just waiting for HR to ship mine .. I'm in the 2nd batch :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
get a rrc manifold did wonders for me also if you got your transmission off get dc5r flywheel do the 5.062 fd and swap the crappy 6th gear for the 05-06 rsx s 6th really fast and you will be able to accelerate in 6th gear. would not recommend anything from skunk2. autofair can get you all the oem parts you need. would vouch 4 them :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
did you get your carbon synchros in yet when you do give a review please i was also interested in them keep us informed i have heard mixed reviews about aftermarket synchros not synchrotech though.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a friend that run them and he loves them. I also met some guys at the track running them and they all have good feedbacks. I am not worried about them :)

I want the 5.062 final drive but I am also thinking about the CTR 6th.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i am going that way too. ctr 6th is the same part as 05-06 rsx s 6th if you want part numbers i can get you them for usdm edm and jdm hondas thank you for the input i calculated the rpm difference and it is only 400 rpm 3000 to 3400 but the acceleration is greatly improved i also think going to 5.062 fd will cause less stress on the transmission.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts