Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

My ported RBC

29K views 113 replies 25 participants last post by  LotusElise 
#1 ·
Hello all, a new shop opened up in town that specialize in performance. I recently took them an OEM RBC manifold to have cut open and fully polished, tapered runners, and throttle body opened up to 70mm. I dropped it off sunday and just got it back today and it looks AWESOME! I am running a K24/K20 frank motor built that made 278whp with a stock RBC. Im taking it this weekend for a retune, so ill have dyno charts for you guys very soon!

Attachments

See less See more
#41 ·
hmmm I remember palmerblock posting the graphs... but I also think you are assuming it had relocated injectors. I thought the "sprinkler" comment was related to leaky fuel lines or something

the ported RBB made about 10whp over stock. I have seen ported RBC deliver 8-10whp over the right setup. I am sure you can do it with the RRC, once again, with the right setup.

stock for stock I have seen 6-10whp between RBB to RBC to RRC in terms of peak numbers. There can be bigger differences in the midrange

#42 ·
hmmm I remember palmerblock posting the graphs... but I also think you are assuming it had relocated injectors.
I try not to assume...but we have little info on this. Here is what Palmerblock posted:

Ill start this off with the K24(2381cc) i built a while back... it was one of the motors used in this test... click the thread below for more specifics... basically its a simple build k24
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76065

1st Graph
TEAL PLOT - Ryan fitted a RSP intake manifold that was modified to a sprinkler setup and some other s***, all other things remained the same from the Hondata IMG on one end and the Acura TL TB on the other. -tuning was done to extract all power-
Fuel - 91 octane
Projected Dynojet output - 298hp, 214tq

ORANGE PLOT - only change was removal of the skunk2 FG2 Header and install of the Prototype Header. -tuning was done to extract all power-
Fuel - 91 octane
Projected Dynojet output - 305.7hp, 216.7tq

2nd Graph
ORANGE PLOT - same as above

#44 ·
As I stated, im not really concerned about all these different manifold comparisons. I did this thread to simply show the difference that my ported RBC makes over my OEM RBC. If I gain 5whp, im happy. A gain on my motor is what im looking for. I know theres plenty of people out here with similar setups to mine. Just want to show them the potential (if any) they could have.

#45 ·
just to give you a small comparison from a test i did on my own k24/20. blue is rbc 70mm red is s2pro cut open and cleaned up 74mm and green is kinsler itbs 62. all these were tuned.

Attachments

#47 · (Edited)
dont have any pics of the whole thing. k24/20 kelford bs 12.5 88mm rbc head unported.
did this last summer when we were looking for more power. didnt make much more peak power but we ended up with more rpm to use

#49 · (Edited)
worthless as it may be......the green is cut off at 9500 so basically the graph i have posted shows roughly 7.5-10k graph.
i really dont understand why one would say its worthless. it clearly points out the comparison in the upper rpm of these three manifolds on a certain setup on the same dynojet

#57 ·
The reason I have a cropped pic is because I had sent it to a friend via cell phone to show him the differences when I did this.
That is he only pic I had available and I havnt had time to come up with a whole thing.
What is it that you think I'm hiding?
You will have to just believe me that what I am telling you is true. I have no reason to lie or hide anything. I never have had to hide anything about my car or its setup.
I thought I was putting up something helpful but I guess I was wrong.
Sorry for wasting everyone time.

#60 · (Edited)
View attachment 34481
No not butt hurt at all I wish I had the whole pic. This was a year ago.
I looked thru my phone and this is the original pic that I had used to crop the one I posted was the ig pic. Best I can do for you guys. Tuning was spot on.
I know that the red dip was tuned out but I what i think happened is that we chose the wrong file when we were overlaying them. I am certain it was a small fuel issue. Believe me or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.