Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a new shop opened up in town that specialize in performance. I recently took them an OEM RBC manifold to have cut open and fully polished, tapered runners, and throttle body opened up to 70mm. I dropped it off sunday and just got it back today and it looks AWESOME! I am running a K24/K20 frank motor built that made 278whp with a stock RBC. Im taking it this weekend for a retune, so ill have dyno charts for you guys very soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Did they flow bench it to see how much CFM it flows over stock?

Specs of your build?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did they flow bench it to see how much CFM it flows over stock?

Specs of your build?
It flowed 357cfm. Stock displacement K24 with ported type s head, BC stage 3 cams, 11:5.1 compression, custom built header, skunk2 74mm throttle body, RBC manifold, custom intake, Skunk2 valve train.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like penetration on those welds within the plenum could have been better. How much did they charge you?
The manifold is THICK! You can see the weld in places (which is good because I think I will flow better without weld pushed through). Either way it came with a lifetime warranty. They do these for $300

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
It flowed 357cfm. Stock displacement K24 with ported type s head, BC stage 3 cams, 11:5.1 compression, custom built header, skunk2 74mm throttle body, RBC manifold, custom intake, Skunk2 valve train.
Sounds similar to my build. Piston/rod combo? How much does the head flow? Who ported it?

Thanks for the comparison :up:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Their welder is a certified 6G on 7/8" aluminum pipe, so for this great work at $300, ill take it any day:)

·
USDM > *
4,857 Posts
Cost: port work + RBC > BNIB RRC > used RRC

HP gains: ported RBC = BNIB RRC = used RRC

I just don't understand why spend the extra money? Multiple dyno graphs over the past several years have shown essentially equivalence between a ported RBC and a stock RRC.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds similar to my build. Piston/rod combo? How much does the head flow? Who ported it?

Thanks for the comparison :up:
I cant recall on how much the head flowed exactly, ill try to dig up my paperwork. I know it was up there though....and they ported it too back around February

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I just don't understand why spend the extra money? Multiple dyno graphs over the past several years have shown essentially equivalence between a ported RBC and a stock RRC.
I know the RRC flows well. I had the RBC and wanted to change this quick. With the work they did on the RBC, im going to let them do a RRC for me this summer:)

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

Let's just make the results speak for themselves first :up: Share those graphs.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The RRC flows about 330 cfm with a 70mm ported opening.

The RBC is right under 300 cfm, 290 something but if you port the opening to 70mm and you shave down the iacv nipple inside the manifold and seal it up, you can get up to 325'ish cfm.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
The RRC flows about 330 cfm with a 70mm ported opening.

The RBC is right under 300 cfm, 290 something but if you port the opening to 70mm and you shave down the iacv nipple inside the manifold and seal it up, you can get up to 325'ish cfm.
Any proof to back this up? What does the RRC flow in complete stock form or with a 74mm opening?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts